I bought the BB Curve 8310, yesterday after my son bought his 2 weeks ago, and does not know how he has managed to exist for all these years without it!!

I am a total newbie, and unfortunately am out of state, so I can't have my son look at it for me. It was working fine yesterday. Now today, I have not received one text message. I also have sent several, and after a follow up phone call, realized they never received the text.

Please help, I am visiting my mother for a week, I am in desperate need of being able to text my friends.

Thank you all in advance

Kristen
    03-03-08 10:28 PM
    whats the texted that would help us
    03-03-08 10:34 PM
    Options>advanced>host routing tables>menu>register now
    pull the battery with the phone on
    call your provider

That is the order i would do things,
    And welcome to CB!!
    03-03-08 10:35 PM
    Ditto what he ^^ said, and more tips:
    My Email Stopped Arriving - BlackBerryFAQ.com

Good luck.
    03-03-08 10:40 PM
    I am just sending a plain old regular text. (yes I am using 'compose SMS Text' ~ first thing my son asked me) I did take out the battery, while powered on, still not working, called provider (AT&T ~ Closed) UUGGHH!!
    I am bored, I text all the time, and am now going insane. It worked fine yesterday before I left town, I had my son check everything and give me the BB basic 10 minute lesson.
    Thanks for any help, and, please keep in mind, if you offer advice, please give it to me in simple steps, I honestly have no clue how to do much of anything on it yet. Or as my 16 year old says to me, 'mom, you're an *****'

thanks!!
    03-03-08 10:46 PM
    Ditto what he ^^ said, and more tips:
    My Email Stopped Arriving - BlackBerryFAQ.com
    I am not emailing, only sending text messages,

Thank you for any help!
    03-03-08 10:49 PM
    You can make phone calls from the phone, but SMS isnt going through?

If thats the case, go into options SMS messages, and theres 2 settings to check

Service Center:

network to send GSM

you can call your son, and get the service center number from him, and then enter that.
    Make sure the network to send is GSM
    03-03-08 10:53 PM
    Yes, I can make phone calls from the phone, but can no longer send text messages.
    I can call my son tomorrow, but of course I can reach ATT before he is out of school.
    Thanks for trying, I do appreciate your help!
    ~kristen
    03-03-08 11:04 PM
    yes, it does say GSM network, and I can check the service number tomorrow. But I am dying here, my parents went to bed, I am here and going insane. Wanted to text friends back home.
    03-03-08 11:06 PM
    well if you can email, i think you can send an email to [email protected] and it will text message them
    the 555555555 being their phone number

I am not sure if its [email protected] but i bet someone else will chime in for that
    03-03-08 11:15 PM
    I don't know if I can email, I do not have the internet on the plan yet. Just bought the phone (w/o a contract, because I wanted it so bad!) So, for now I am limited to the text messaging.

Thank you for all your help,

Kristen
    03-03-08 11:21 PM
    You can email it from your PC.
    03-04-08 08:22 AM
    what am I supposed to email from my pc? I can still not get the text messaging to work
    03-04-08 11:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD