my 8330 and 9330 3G were able to pair. They recognize each other and are in the paired list for each other but keep getting a "connection failed" pop up when trying to connect from the 8330 to the 9330. Also the 9330, even though paired with the 8330 when clicking on "83330" I don't get a "connect" option just delete device, device properties, and full menu so I can't even attempt to connect from the 9330 to the 8330. Any solutions?
    Thanks!
    Last edited by suthnyanki; 10-10-10 at 08:24 AM.
    10-10-10 08:21 AM
    Someone should please come to how resque on this particular issue. Am having the same problem when paired but won't connect using bluetooth to transfer files.
    Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-29-10 06:46 AM
    Gee I have the same problem (now I don't feel so bad ). I was trying to connect my new Tour 9630 with my Pearl. I too have the pairings showing but get the connection failed message. My Tour does connect to my car so I know the bluetooth is working. I wanted to transfer calendar and contact information since Sprint didn't send me a data cable with my phone. I also have no connect option for the phone pairing. Hope somebody has some insight.
    Thanks.
    11-12-10 12:37 PM
    *bump

My curve 9300 has the same problem pairing was successful with other phones I could perform a successful file transfer from my 9300 to the other phones but I was not able to receive any it just showed a message of "sending fail" not 1 phone I tried to send I've tried till now 8 diff models of phones. Changed the "encryption" to "disabled" still the same problems

Someone pls help

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-21-10 12:08 PM
    Gee I have the same problem (now I don't feel so bad ). I was trying to connect my new Tour 9630 with my Pearl. I too have the pairings showing but get the connection failed message. My Tour does connect to my car so I know the bluetooth is working. I wanted to transfer calendar and contact information since Sprint didn't send me a data cable with my phone. I also have no connect option for the phone pairing. Hope somebody has some insight.
    Thanks.
    You can't transfer contacts or calendar via bluetooth on the Blackberry. The only things you can transfer is the media, so picture, videos etc.
    12-21-10 12:11 PM
    BUMP. I was able to connect for a brief moment, but after a few minutes, it went on not being able to connect or identify the bluetooth headset. It just came up as "Audio device."

Same with my laptop; it just comes up as "Computer."

It seems that it is able to detect the BT signal, but won't establish a connection with the device. what could this mean?
    01-20-11 09:08 PM
    i got same problem too any idea how to fix?
    02-23-11 08:26 AM
    At last, 4 months after posting this thread I have the problem solved (for my issue at least). Both phones paired with no problem and recognized each other just would not establish a "connected" status. Evidently you don't need to "connect" them in order to transfer music, pics, etc. As long as they are paired and both have blue tooth enabled just select the one you want to transfer to from your paired list and send "whatever". It automatically connects with the paired device you are sending to. You do not have to connect to it manually before transfering a file. I wish I would have asked my teenage son for a solution earlier
    Hope this works for you!
    02-23-11 08:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD