I currently have a Bold activated on my work's BES network and we use Office Communicator 2007 in the office. I downloaded both the 2005 and 2007 communications program off of BlackBerry's website but both applications came back with "unable to connect to server" when I attempted to log in. Is there anything I am missing here?
    04-28-09 08:09 PM
    I currently have a Bold activated on my work's BES network and we use Office Communicator 2007 in the office. I downloaded both the 2005 and 2007 communications program off of BlackBerry's website but both applications came back with "unable to connect to server" when I attempted to log in. Is there anything I am missing here?
    Hey, where did you go to download ota right on your bb? I can't even find it.
    08-03-09 10:21 PM
    To any of you looking to install the Office Communicator Client:
    Note that you have be in BES for OC to work! (Read the requirements in RIM's webpage linked below).

I've tried to install OC 2007 R2 va the Desktop installation files, but never succeded.
    However, the OTA install DOES indeed work.

Here's what you need to do:
    1. Go to BlackBerry - BlackBerry Client for use with Microsoft Office Communications Server 2007
    Or google for Blackberry Office Communicator 2007 and go to Blackberry.com's page.

2. Select the OTA option and download the files to your computer.

3. Unzip and copy the extracted folder to the BB's memory card.

4. Use File Manager to navigate to the folder you copied. Look for the oc2007 folder and open the folder corresponding to your device's operating system ("For_X.X.X"). Open the jad file in the language that you prefer.

5. After the install, the app will appear inside the "Instant Messaging" folder.

6. You'll probably have to login using the "domain\user" format.

This is the only way that I've found this to work, after spending about a month trying.
    I've installed it in an 8900 and an 8520.

After install, you can safely delete the folder if you want to free 4MB from your phone's memory card.
    09-09-11 03:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD