Hi, I just got my first bb today. It seems to be the best thing in the world right now haha, while hating all of those touch screen phones. I have a couple of questions if people would please help me out.

1.How do i stop the mobile network from turning off and if it is off what is another way to turn it back on without taking the battery out?

2. Is there a way that lets the old/ already read emails load onto the bb email accounts?

3. Is there a freakin way to keep the caps on? like caps lock?!?!

Thanks.
    04-20-09 12:09 AM
    1 - That shouldn't happen. I would try reloading the OS onto your device.

2 - You could always resend it. It pretty much pushes new content from when you added the account.

3 - Hit the "left alt" and then "right cap" and to turn it off, hit the cap button again.
    04-20-09 12:14 AM
    Also welcome to crackberry.com
    04-20-09 12:14 AM
    1) If you let the battery get below 20% the radio will turn off automatically.

You should avoid letting your battery get this low and charge it frequently. You can't overcharge a BB battery because it has overcharging circuitry built in.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-20-09 12:43 AM
    Have you checked Connections?

The icon looks like a radio tower. You can manualy control your network connection, On or Off.
    04-20-09 10:17 AM
    Shoot it with a gun, thats what I did with mine and it works now.
    04-20-09 02:05 PM
    Shoot it with a gun, thats what I did with mine and it works now.
    ooo me likie this idea..

but what caliber?

i personally think a BIG one, its overkill,
    but totally kool.
    04-20-09 02:53 PM
    2) you can't get the old e-mails like that are on your computer, you'll have to forward them to yourself if you want them on the phone.
    04-20-09 03:42 PM
    2) you can't get the old e-mails like that are on your computer, you'll have to forward them to yourself if you want them on the phone.
    actually no u dont.

the following works in Outlook
    make a subfolder in your inbox in outlook.
    move all the emails to that folder
    then move them back to your inbox.

it may take a few minutes, but they will be sent to your bb as new.
    04-20-09 03:44 PM
    Nice, I did not know that. I am new to my BB also and just assumed that you should follow the "standard" rules for cell phone battery charging so that it doesn't get "charging memory" from charging too much or not letting the battery run empty once in awhile.

learn something new every day here!
    Those "rules" to avoid the memory effect do not apply to the newer Li-Ion batteries that are in the BB. Those were for the old NiCad batteries, in fact ever since the NiMH batteries, consumers didn't have to worry about the memory effect.
    04-20-09 03:52 PM
    actually no u dont.

the following works in Outlook
    make a subfolder in your inbox in outlook.
    move all the emails to that folder
    then move them back to your inbox.

it may take a few minutes, but they will be sent to your bb as new.

The OP didn't say if they were using Outlook, and in other services (Hotmail, Yahoo, AOL, GMail) this doesn't work.
    04-22-09 10:41 AM
    Not trying to invite flames here, but I administer hundreds of BBys and find that the users who read the manual from cover to cover get a lot more use and satisfaction from this wonderful tool.
    04-22-09 10:44 AM
    The OP didn't say if they were using Outlook, and in other services (Hotmail, Yahoo, AOL, GMail) this doesn't work.
    that's why i stated "in outlook the following works" i didnt say anything about the others

=-D
    Last edited by chelseytx; 04-22-09 at 10:58 AM.
    04-22-09 10:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD