So I literally just got my curve a day ago and I have a few questions.

1) My Curve came with a facebook app and I deleted it, yet even so the picture of the app still appears with the rest of the icons. I have hidden it but is there a definite way of getting rid of it?

2) I have set up my email and everything and have separated my sms/mms from my email. However whenever I get emails or other stuff I get it sent to my email address and the messages app. Is there a way to get rid of the messages app so that my email won't go to two places? Note I hide it but then missed a call and it was stored in the messages, can I get rid of that also?

3) Is there any other useful info/tricks I should know about?

Thanks!
    03-22-09 08:36 PM
    1. No way to get rid of the facebook icon. You can have it "not installed" which it sounds like you did, but no deleting it completely, I agree, it sucks, I hate it as well.
    03-22-09 08:38 PM
    Thanks for that note. That literally is one of the dumbest things I have ever heard in my life, its straight stupid.
    03-22-09 08:43 PM
    Regarding the Messages folder�
    You cannot delete it. You can, however, hide it so so only the individual email account icons appear.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-22-09 08:47 PM
    hi sig -

1) no facebook app - stays, i agree stupid.

2) yes you can have your missed calls not show there by doing this:
    go into your calling screen>bb key(dotted)>options>call logging>"show these call log types in message list - choose NONE

as for the emails/sms/mms they will still show in the msg app.icon. -keep *keep in mind if you delete it from the msg icon - it will delete out of ur email inbox also*

hope that helps you! welcome to CB!
    03-22-09 08:49 PM
    you have to uninstall it when you plug into your computer.
    03-22-09 08:59 PM
    I just use the SMS/MMS icon and my two email folders, I dont hide my messages folder since I get the occasion PIN message and when I was new it drove me mad so I just move the messages icon into my created junk folder where I never look. Shelly advised you on how to keep the call logs out of the folder as well, FB if not installed causes no issues - just hide it because if you remove it, when you resend the service books it will re-appear.
    03-22-09 09:06 PM
    Wow such an easy fix, thanks for the help!
    03-22-09 09:06 PM

2) yes you can have your missed calls not show there by doing this:
    go into your calling screen>bb key(dotted)>options>call logging>"show these call log types in message list - choose NONE
    Thanks! Mine wasn't doing this, but hubby's was and we couldn't figure how to change it.
    03-22-09 10:22 PM
    Your welcome! glad I could help out.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-23-09 01:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD