Ok - just got my new Curve 8330 and while I LOVE this thing I feel like a fish out of water.

1) I have documents to go but the original on it had just Word - I did an update and added Excel but the Excel version says "Trial" - does this mean it will end in like 30 days? How do I get Excel on this thing permently?

2) Also, I have a spreadsheet program on my home PC in Excel that I want to have also on my BB - how do I transfer the file from my PC to my BB?

Keep in mind I haven't even hooked this thing up to the PC - should I? The BB op system is 4.5.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. Sorry if I sound so new to this.
    08-04-09 10:10 PM
    No worries. The verson of Excel that you have should stay on your Curve past the 30 days. What you did when you initially upgraded your Docs to Go is you activated the 30 day free trial of their Docs to Go Pro, which costs like $60.00!! So no worries there, you will still have your Excel.

I'm assuming that when you say "Excel Program" you mean you have a document saved to your PC that you want to store on your Curve. This is also simple, you can either e-mail it to yourself, then download the attached file onto your Curve, or you can plug your Curve into your PC, enter Mass Storage Mode (to access your memory card like a flash drive), open the "BlackBerry" folder, then the "Documents" folder, and you can save any number of Excel and Word documents in there.

I would recommend loading Desktop Manager onto your PC, and plugging your phone in and doing a backup as well. It's easy to do, just follow the prompts on DM to do it when your phone is plugged in. I plug my Curve into my PC multiple times a week to add things to my memory card, as well as to add apps.

Good luck, enjoy your Curve, and welcome to CB!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-04-09 10:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD