OK I'm having a crisis!!! After my Curve I decided to upgrade to Storm, great! I love the phone, the problem is it was used and although it is working fine it still has the phone number of the previous owner, and I can't add my email address, it gives me only one option and that is Blackberry Enterprise with password. HELP!!!!! I want to erase his phone number so the phone recognizes mine (because I can't get my voicemails from the device) and setup my email account. If anyone can shed light on this I'll really appreciate it!!
    04-16-09 09:03 AM
    Welcome to the Storm forums. I'm not sure if there is an EASY way to help you with your phone since it is a used one and has BES setup on it. It I were in your shoes I would download JL Commander, which is available by using the search feature on this forum and completely wipe the phone. You won't harm it and it will allow you to reinstall another OS, which is also available from this site. You will get several opinions about which software to install. I am currently running .113 and it's been very stable for me. However, I'm downloading .122 at this moment from BELL and plan to upgrade this AM.

I hope this helps...perhaps you'll get better advise from more advanced users but this is what I would do.
    04-16-09 09:09 AM
    I'm sorry to be such a dummy!!! Will it mess up my media, erase pics or ringtones, or music? Or will it just reboot my OS so I can manage my own?
    04-16-09 09:14 AM
    A wipe and reload of the OS is a good idea, BUT I fear the old user never got the PIN released either. You might need to contact the seller and have them call their provider (VZW, Bell, Vodafone etc) and have the PIN released. It's possible you can get your provider to do it also, by having them contact RIM, but if ATT is still your provider they may not want to help you since you have a BB they do not officially support (It should work thou on ATT after you take special steps outlined here in the Getting Full Data on ATT sticky thread in the Storm How To sub forum).

EDIT:
    I'm sorry to be such a dummy!!! Will it mess up my media, erase pics or ringtones, or music? Or will it just reboot my OS so I can manage my own?
    If your media is stored on the sd media card then no it will not and it probably is on the card.
    Last edited by pkcable; 04-16-09 at 09:19 AM. Reason: adding responce to addition post.
    04-16-09 09:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD