Hi there, I am completely puzzled...
    Have the new bold 9900, I installed the new 7.1, but still haven't been able to use wifi calling :-( How does it work? Is it like with the old bold where you could choose "wifi preferred" in the connections settings? I don't have this option on the new bold, the only difference I saw after uploading 7.1 is that now I have the option for wifi hotspot.
    HELP please - I am in Europe right now, and could really do with wifi calling as T-Mobile roaming here will cost me an arm and a leg (have t-mobile US).
    03-28-12 12:27 PM
    You may have to subscribe to or have T-Mobile enable the service on your account. I am on Rogers and used the wifi calling when out of the country a few weeks ago. I subscribed to the service a few days prior to my trip. The wifi calling icon and connection showed up shortly after selecting the add-on using the myRogers web site. I may have done a battery pull to get it after subscribing to it.

Another thing to add is that some of these carrier specific features may only work on the carrier branded phones. I think it has to do with the phones imei being in their system already.
    Last edited by robsteve; 03-28-12 at 01:13 PM.
    03-28-12 12:55 PM