Hi i just upgraded from an iphone 3gs to att's bb curve and have a few questions for the black berry experts. so i have no information stored on the phone yet except for 7 contacts and it is already freezing randomly for short periods of time. Is this normal? will it get worse when i increase usage?

Further have i made the right decision going with the curve, i initially wanted the 9900 but it is not yet offered by att and i struggle to bring myself to pay what wil likely be more than the cost of an iphone 5. I know that the new curve is supposed to debut on att in november, is this a vast improvement over the current model? with the new model curve will the upgrade cost increase?

its allot of questions but any information anyone could provide would be greatly appreciated!
    09-23-11 02:42 AM
    Battery pull is your friend. This is something you did not ned to do on your iPhone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-23-11 06:46 AM
    You would also benefit by loading the latest official OS, or the latest reported stable leak.

Research the upcoming and current devices before it's time to purchase. CrackBerry is a great place to that, and Google is your friend. Welcome!

09-23-11 07:28 AM
    Soft boot or battery puls are required after most app downloads. Just like a pc in this reguard. I will post you a link for the BB 101 tutorial. Hang in there it does get better once you find your way around.

Soft boot yer berry: press and hold the alt-right shift-del keys.

Last edited by albee 1; 09-23-11 at 07:50 AM.
    09-23-11 07:46 AM
    Here you go. Welcome to CB!

http://forums.crackberry.com/tips-ho...e-series-4716/

09-23-11 07:51 AM
    You say you JUST upgraded to the Curve? While the Curve is a nice entry level device, the Torch 9810 can be picked up for about 50 bucks, and is a far better device than the 9300. Better processor, better screen, more memory, OS7...

You also need to make sure that you're properly closing out of applications. If you have a bunch of apps open that can cause your device to lag. Instead of pressing the red end key to close an app, you need to back out of it using the back arrow (escape) key. This will ensure that whatever app you open will close properly. Pressing the red end key is like minimizing a program on a windows computer. Pressing and holding the BlackBerry menu key will show you what apps you have running in the background. Be aware, Home, Messages, Phone, Browser, and BBM cannot be fully closed. They are designed to run in the background at all times. Make sure you close everything else out.
    09-23-11 11:18 AM
    Welcome partner.

09-23-11 11:38 AM
    Thanks for the welcome guys! appreciate the links
    09-23-11 03:21 PM
    You say you JUST upgraded to the Curve? While the Curve is a nice entry level device, the Torch 9810 can be picked up for about 50 bucks, and is a far better device than the 9300. Better processor, better screen, more memory, OS7...

You also need to make sure that you're properly closing out of applications. If you have a bunch of apps open that can cause your device to lag. Instead of pressing the red end key to close an app, you need to back out of it using the back arrow (escape) key. This will ensure that whatever app you open will close properly. Pressing the red end key is like minimizing a program on a windows computer. Pressing and holding the BlackBerry menu key will show you what apps you have running in the background. Be aware, Home, Messages, Phone, Browser, and BBM cannot be fully closed. They are designed to run in the background at all times. Make sure you close everything else out.
    yea i understand that the torch is a better phone but honestly i just dont like the sliding keypad.it maybe a dumb reason but its reason enough to stop be from paying 50 bucks. how about the new curve though? is that gonna be a huge improvement over the current device. iv only had my device for three days so im well within the 30 day return period if you guys suggest returning and waiting.
    09-23-11 03:26 PM
    yea i understand that the torch is a better phone but honestly i just dont like the sliding keypad.it maybe a dumb reason but its reason enough to stop be from paying 50 bucks. how about the new curve though? is that gonna be a huge improvement over the current device. iv only had my device for three days so im well within the 30 day return period if you guys suggest returning and waiting.
    Oh yeah, I would think that the new Curve series would be a huge improvement over the 9300. Faster processor, more memory, and the form factor that you like. I agree with you on the Torch slider, I'm not the biggest fan either...
    09-23-11 04:49 PM
    I've recently got the torch you don't like with the slider, which i love as I've got fingernails and touch is tricky!
    It is amazingly well behaved. I have stacks of music on it, 300+contacts [name, address, photos, phone nos etc] 250+ photos and stacks of apps. It hasn't frozen once. Love it!
    09-23-11 06:22 PM
    ditch the curve and go for the Torch...you're life will be significantly better
    09-23-11 09:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD