My usb port for my BB is busted, its probably because I tried plugging it in too hard...So I now charge my bb through a holster. The problem I'm having is for my BB chat...I tried to download the new version of the BB chat the other day only to find out I don't have the new OS loaded. So when I downloaded the new chat it erased my old version of BB chat. I am now stuck with no BB chat and I cant even upgrade my OS because I got no USB access. I'm wondering if anyone can help me get my BB chat back without having the USB access. I tried going to the mobile.blackberry.com to download the blackberry chat as listed but it gives me an error saying my device does not meet the system requirements (

Can someone please help with this situation?

Thanks!
    10-26-09 09:48 AM
    As far as I know there isnt any ota downloads for that program so the only solution would be to download google sync to back up all your contacts and calendar and get a new phone
    10-26-09 10:21 AM
    How close are you to a hardware upgrade?? I'd recommend the TOUR! I love mine!
    10-26-09 10:58 AM
    Yeah, sorry pal, no dice. You have to be able to use your USB port to load BlackBerry Messanger onto your device, it comes part of the prepackaged OS, there is no OTA download for it.
    10-26-09 11:17 AM
    Great!

I just called Telus and my next contract renewal is 7 months away...They did offer up a phone exchange for $125 plus taxes...I guess I gotta think about it and make a decision...All this for Blackberry chat (
    10-26-09 12:13 PM
    Yes I think you might have to go that route if you want BBM. You don't have a piece of toast yet but I'll give it an English muffin status! Good luck
    10-26-09 12:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD