So one of my best friends used to have a company BlackBerry device (not any longer) and now uses an iphone 4 which he says is laggy on iOS7. He wants a new phone, doesnt want a new iphone, doesn't want too big of a screen and said "maybe a galaxy mini?"

With 10.2.1 here now what should be, say, the top 10 things about the OS to try to 'enlighten' him? He is nuclear physics engineer by education working for an M & A boutique and loves efficiency and pragmatic solutions.

Z10 is the only choice of device for him IMO but i'm also thinking if I convince him on BlackBerry should I tell him to wait a few months and see what new device will be released? (that's still a shot in the dark for now though...) A Z3? Will it ever make it to Europe? Who knows...

? Q1O
    03-07-14 03:12 PM
    I wouldn't try to sell anyone on a new phone. Mainly because then when they find something they're not happy with, they come at me with their complaints.

I have no problem showing people my Z10 so they know it's an option. I will answer questions honestly. I will not push though, as I don't appreciate when someone pushes me to buy something because they prefer it.

Posted via CB10
    BoldPreza, Berry_Pink and mjdimer like this.
    03-07-14 03:31 PM
    Z10 over Iphone 4

Smooth efficient OS. No need to constantly "close or minimize" programs with the home button
    HUB for all communication in one great place (incl. pinch to filter)
    Amazing keyboard. Once you flick, you never want to go back
    Timeshift camera for awesome smiles every time on the first shot!
    Sharing photos couldn't be easier. BB10 even learns who you like to share with to make it even faster
    BB Protect use to find your phone in the couch, or on the porch.. even if it was on silent
    HDMI out port to share your pics or apps up on the big screen for all to enjoy. (incl. Netflix or Crackle or saved movies for when on the road)
    NFC and Bluetooth sharing is dead simple.
    Swappable battery for those long trips. One can re-charge after you swap and keep it going as long as you need to
    The best BBM experience
    frequent OS updates with new features all the time like lock screen notification and semi-swipe up to see remaining battery life at a quick glance
    And so much more!
    But ultimately the choice is his. Perhaps he should borrow one to test it out?
    sedat likes this.
    03-07-14 03:31 PM
    What's wrong with letting your friend make up his own mind? Offer your opinion then let it go.
    03-07-14 03:32 PM
    The Z10 was delayed almost 6 months so hardware is about 1 years old and Z30 performs significantly better.
    I wonder what happens when OS 10.next is released. Will it run smoothly on old hardware?

For normal use the Z10 is just ok. Battery life is not impressive, so I will expect a 4.x" highend device to replace it later this year.
    First Z3 for the emerging markets, then Q20 for the "classic" users and finally a new highend device to replace Z10 and Z30.

But for now BB Z10 is the only choice if 5" is too large.
    03-07-14 03:42 PM
    I wouldn't try to sell anyone on a new phone. Mainly because then when they find something they're not happy with, they come at me with their complaints.

I have no problem showing people my Z10 so they know it's an option. I will answer questions honestly. I will not push though, as I don't appreciate when someone pushes me to buy something because they prefer it.

Posted via CB10
    This right here!
    I could care less what everyone uses.

Posted via CB10
    TgeekB, MERCDROID and sheailewis1 like this.
    03-07-14 03:46 PM
    Tell him you won't invite him to your birthday party if he doesn't get a Z10. That still works right?

Posted via CB10
    03-07-14 03:51 PM
    Show them. And let them make up their mind. That's what I do with my friends as I am not paid by BlackBerry to sell. My loyalty is to my friends first.

If you want positives to tell him though:

Great keyboard much better than any out of the box Android or Windows Phone. The keyboard, I could go on and on about this touch keyboard. It's that good and really what keeps me from looking at other phones.

Hub and it's new filtering system this is fantastic and significantly better than any other platforms options, again out of the box.

The browser is great. Fast and stable. Capable of rendering anything I ask in desktop mode.

BBM integration is fantastic if they will be using that.

If he doesn't want a large phone this is a great in betweener for him. Not too big and not too small.

Battery life has gotten better but really still only on the level of the iPhone. That's not saying much.

Posted via CB10
    Qurve likes this.
    03-07-14 04:23 PM
    Ask him what he spends 80 percent of his phone time doing. If it's messaging, emails etc hey a BlackBerry. If it's the walled garden and every app on the planet, get the iphone.

Posted via CB10
    03-07-14 04:25 PM
    Well he's been a BlackBerry Bold user until two years ago, so no need to start from scratch or sell him the idea, I constantly show him new stuff on my Q10 as BB10 updates are churned.

I'm only feeling a bit uneasy as already posted here to offer him try the Z10 as (i) it's not a very fresh model and (ii) might look even more stale to whatever come out from BlackBerry this year.
    At the same time I don't see how he can be unsatisfied with the Z10 though.

? Q1O
    03-07-14 04:40 PM
    If he salivates at the prospect of having to find clever workarounds, install apps not meant for his device, adapt around early-stage kinks, and wonder in the possibility of what could be--no, what WILL be,..

Then BB10 it is.

Posted via CB10
    GingerSnapsBack and bbq10l like this.
    03-07-14 04:41 PM
    Not an app guy really; most apps installed are games for his 5 year old daughter. Not that much into a qwerty phone either and doesn't want something chunky.

So Z10 it's got to be!

? Q1O
    03-07-14 04:44 PM
    the best help I can give you is......give him your Z10 to use for a week...then let him decide for himself
    03-07-14 04:52 PM
    native integration of files and folders with box dropbox filedrive, home computer office computer
    take that IOS you need a whole bunch of apps to be able to do it
    integration of calendar with WebEx
    automatic invite to meeting feature from within an email
    blackberry travel
    03-07-14 05:07 PM
    i honestly wouldnt recommend him a z10 because of its short battery life, id tell him to just go to a store with someone and look at each phone and os on display without listening or talking to a sales rep or anyone elses sales speech for their preferred os and let him pick what he likes best
    03-07-14 05:30 PM
    Why not Q10. Have only tried touch for my part but it seems to me that your friend might be dissatisfied with battery life of the Z10, and he is ex BlackBerry
    03-07-14 06:24 PM
    Let him suffer with his decision.
    03-07-14 07:54 PM