Hello i have black berry Curve 8520 i think there is something wrong with my bluetooth coz i can pair with any device but when my friends accept connection it say connection faild befor sending or receiving any file
    Any fix for this help pleas
    10-02-10 04:50 PM
    Is it failing for sending AND receiving? Or just for receiving?

For files to be received on the BlackBerry, you must INITIATE the transfer FROM the BlackBerry RECEIVING the file.

Media > Menu Button > Receive Using Bluetooth
    10-02-10 05:25 PM
    before receiving or sending Automaticly it say Connection failed
    10-02-10 05:40 PM
    you must INITIATE the transfer FROM the BlackBerry RECEIVING the file.

Media > Menu Button > Receive Using Bluetooth <------ thats when u get connected but it telling me connection fail so i dont need to go to Media
    10-02-10 05:43 PM
    Ok, I am having a hard time understanding you. It would appear that English is not your native language.

Let's just check a few things.

In your original post, you said that you can pair with "any device". Is that correct? So are you able or not able to pair with your friend's phones?

If you aren't able to pair at all, are you typing in the code for access. Have you trying initiating the pairing from both of the phones (not at the same time but separately) to see if you can get them paired that way?

If you ARE able to pair, but just can't CONNECT to send or receive a file, on the Bluetooth Options screen, when you highlight the device from which (or to which) you are trying to exchange files, and press Menu and select Device Properties, does "Object Push" show up as an available Service.
    10-02-10 06:37 PM
    im able to pair with any device ...but when it say to any devices " accept the connection " if he pressed yes it will tell him and to me Connection failed
    10-02-10 07:19 PM
    Then you AREN'T able to actually pair if the devices are not accepting the connection.

Are you typing the access code in?

Have you tried it in the other direction?

Have you tried with other phones?

Have you tried with other devices (eg a computer, a GPS unit, a headset, etc) to see if the Bluetooth functionality is actually working?

What other troubleshooting have you done?
    10-02-10 07:26 PM
    *Are you typing the access code in? ( thats when u pair and its successfuly do ) YES

*Have you tried it in the other direction? YES

*Have you tried with other phones? YES - Ex: with Other blackberry , Nokia

*Have you tried with other devices (eg a computer, a GPS unit, a headset, etc) Not Really
    10-02-10 07:31 PM
    Then you AREN'T able to actually pair if the devices are not accepting the connection.
    <------------ search for Blue Tooth , found 1 , connect ( done ) , pair with Xdevice ( entered the access code *Done* ) , Paired with X device , Waiting for connection = connection Failed )
    10-02-10 07:34 PM
    Again, I will ask for the third time, have you tried initiating the pairing from the OTHER device?

And try some other types of devices.

Also, go to Options > Status and type in TEST (note that nothing will show up when you type the letter but just type them) and then run a HARDWARE test on the Bluetooth to see if it works.
    10-02-10 08:02 PM
    Yes i tried intiating and it sucessfuly do !!! and i tried some types of devices , but when sending and receiving from any Device it will say connection failed
    10-02-10 08:15 PM
    Oh , how to run hardware test on the bluetooth ?
    10-02-10 08:17 PM
    ah ok i got it
    10-02-10 08:18 PM
    ITs just a Blutooth Audio wont test a bluetooh connection
    10-02-10 08:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD