Help, anyone. I tried downloading (4 times install/uninstall) 7.1 and cannot sync. Get error message that caught_com_errorexception....blah blah. Looked for earlier versions of software, downloaded 6.1 from another BB site, and it doesn't work. One part doesn't install properly, preventing syncing. Am dead in the water -- haven't been able to sync for about 2 weeks. Does anyone know where i can get an earlier version of desktop software that works? On BB site, everything points to 7.1.
    12-07-12 09:29 PM
    7.1 does work. Otherwise these forums would be bursting at the seems. Have you tried disabling your AV and FireWall software? What other TS have you tried before determining that RIM is responsible for this issue?
    12-08-12 03:29 AM
    I am also facing the same problem on my desktop. however it worked on the laptop with same os (win 7). go figure.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    12-08-12 03:34 AM
    I agree it's doubtful the issue is Desktop. Better detail of the "blah blah blah" error would help.

501_b049_english_nomediamanager - Minus
    12-08-12 06:50 AM
    Oh, I 'm not pointing fingers. When I say it doesn't work, i mean just that. It could be my desktop, it could be who knows what. Here's the error message: Caught_com_error exception. Description(): (null), Error () -2147023151 (0x800706D1). Error message (). The procedure number is out of range: Source (). (null)

I just want 1) either a quick solution to this (installing and reinstalling 4 times didn't work or 2) 6.1 software, which worked just fine.
    12-08-12 04:39 PM
    12-08-12 05:00 PM
    Help -- need desktop software -- 7.1 doesn't work-bb-desktop-error.jpg

I am having the same problem. I took this pic from my 9930 so there is no auto focus.
    I tried to shut down my firewall but McAfee simply won't do it. I click on "Turn Off Firewall" but then it just won't... I don't know if that has something to do with the BB Desktop issue??

Any ideas??
    12-09-12 03:44 PM
    Just an update... I was finally able to shut down my firewall and unfortunately after all of that time screwing around with it, BB Desktop still doesn't work and I still get the same message..
    12-09-12 05:17 PM
    I know, but where do I get it to download?????/
    12-09-12 05:48 PM
    Oh, I 'm not pointing fingers. When I say it doesn't work, i mean just that. It could be my desktop, it could be who knows what. Here's the error message: Caught_com_error exception. Description(): (null), Error () -2147023151 (0x800706D1). Error message (). The procedure number is out of range: Source (). (null)

I just want 1) either a quick solution to this (installing and reinstalling 4 times didn't work or 2) 6.1 software, which worked just fine.
    Have you updated your pc (assuming not mac)
    How do you sync, usb, wireless?
    You might like to try with DM installed connecting ready to. Sync via usb. Then shut down pc leaving device connected and then restart. Ihad to do this once the pc may need to install device drivers. There is also a new device manager available (not confused with desktop manager) from Blackberry which may be needed.
    12-09-12 05:53 PM

Have you updated your pc (assuming not mac)
    How do you sync, usb, wireless?
    You might like to try with DM installed connecting ready to. Sync via usb. Then shut down pc leaving device connected and then restart. Ihad to do this once the pc may need to install device drivers. There is also a new device manager available (not confused with desktop manager) from Blackberry which may be needed.
    Open as administrator
    12-09-12 05:56 PM
    Looks like we're talking two different issues here, but.....

Just for craps and giggles, install and run Ccleaner for the registry, reboot the PC, check Task Manager and kill all BlackBerry/RIM processes, then attempt using Desktop again, launching using a right click "use as admin".
    12-09-12 06:11 PM