For some reason my browser will not work on my torch if I connect to WIFI. I tried my home connection, coffee shop hot spot, etc. and it just will not work. On the data plan from At&t it works fine, just not WIFI. twitter, facebook, all apps and everything else work fine its just the browser Im having this issue with. When I try to browse on wifi it trys to load the page then says "unable to connect to the internet, please try again later. If the problem persists please contact your service provider". I connected my ps3 wirelessly to my router and I can browse fine with it so I know its not my router. I contacted ATT and they were not able to tell me anything! Anyone have any ideas?? Thanks Rodney
    02-20-11 02:16 PM
    Very interesting problem, have you tried reloading the os onto your phone? How old is your torch? Anyway you could take it back?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-20-11 05:44 PM
    I havent tried reloading the OS. How can you do this? Ive only had the phone for a little over a month.
    02-20-11 06:21 PM
    I'm curious...
    1. Did you try a battery pull? (remove the battery for >30 seconds then put it back)
    2. Do you have the BB icon, indicating BIS, beside the WiFi symbol (rather than beside the 3G symbol)?
    3. if you turn off your mobile network does twitter, facebook, all apps and everything else still work?
    02-20-11 06:38 PM
    I'm curious...
    1. Did you try a battery pull? (remove the battery for >30 seconds then put it back)Yep I did try that
    2. Do you have the BB icon, indicating BIS, beside the WiFi symbol (rather than beside the 3G symbol)?The bb icon is by the 3g symbol
    3. if you turn off your mobile network does twitter, facebook, all apps and everything else still work? Ok I did this and now I noticed that facebook and other apps will not work now. I think your on to something.
    replys above
    02-20-11 06:48 PM
    I would reload the OS, if that doesn't solve the issue then take it back for a replacement.

Also I have the same questions pmccartney has(none of which were answered in either of your 2 posts). Have you tried a battery pull? and where is the bis icon located?

I wont post step by step instructions on how to load an OS, there are enough posts and threads about that subject already, just do a search and you'll find all the info you need on how to do it.
    02-20-11 06:54 PM
    ^ hi Homer...he/she added his replies to the end of my questions...kinda hard to see so I will bold them

Originally Posted by pmccartney
    I'm curious...
    1. Did you try a battery pull? (remove the battery for >30 seconds then put it back)
    Yep I did try that
    2. Do you have the BB icon, indicating BIS, beside the WiFi symbol (rather than beside the 3G symbol)?The bb icon is by the 3g symbol
    3. if you turn off your mobile network does twitter, facebook, all apps and everything else still work? Ok I did this and now I noticed that facebook and other apps will not work now. I think your on to something.
    02-20-11 07:03 PM
    I see now, added them to the quote. odd way to answer but ok. I'm still saying the OS needs to be reloaded. If it connects to your router then the wifi antenna is working fine and its not a hardware issue but rather a software issue.
    02-20-11 07:20 PM
    Hey homer Im working on reloading the OS now. I post in a lil bit how it goes. Thanks.
    02-20-11 07:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD