My screen is all black and I need to save videos and pics. The rest of the phone work ok just I can't see what is on screen. Can someone help me with the moves (keyboard shortcuts) I need to do on the keyboard to save videos and pics on the micro sd card? Can't backup the whole thing as I don't have administrator privileges but should be ok to save pics and videos. Would prefer saving all pics in one batch (no one at a time). Same for videos. I know it is possible as there are commands I get do without the keyboard to get things done.
    06-27-12 08:21 AM
    What model phone do you have?
    06-27-12 08:58 AM
    All your files on the micro SD card should be no problem if you put the memory card into a different phone.
    06-27-12 09:00 AM
    Desktop Manger will do a Backup and can Sync to Outlook, Gmail or PC files.

The Media Card can be copied to your PC as a single folder - everything on the Media Card.

Provided your phone powers up, this will do the trick.
    06-27-12 09:01 AM
    I got the Bold model and I need to know how to save these files on the micro sd card without seeing the screen...so using keyboard shortcuts i guess. Plugging the phone to the computer only shows removable disk. I don't have blackberry desktop manager on my computer as it is for work and is not allowed as I don't have admin privileges.
    06-27-12 10:05 AM
    Don't your video and pic files automatically save to your media card?

Do you see a pop up screen on the PC when you connect your phone?
    06-27-12 11:08 AM
    I got the Bold model and I need to know how to save these files on the micro sd card without seeing the screen...so using keyboard shortcuts i guess. Plugging the phone to the computer only shows removable disk. I don't have blackberry desktop manager on my computer as it is for work and is not allowed as I don't have admin privileges.
    Install BlackBerry Desktop Software on your own computer and choose the Switch Devices option and follow the prompts. You will need your current and replacement BlackBerry smartphones for this process. Alternatively, backup the current device using the BlackBerry Desktop Software on your own computer. If it is associated with a BlackBerry Enterprise Server most of the content might already be backed up onto the server.
    06-27-12 11:08 AM
    Simpler way: Click on My Computer on the PC. Then click the removable drive. You should then see the various folders on your media card.
    06-27-12 11:11 AM
    Ok thanks to you all! Will try these things!
    06-27-12 11:19 AM
    Anytime. Hope it works for you, and also serve as a reminder to do regular backups of your phone.
    06-27-12 11:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD