Ok, so the GPS is not working apparently on Berryweather, Poynt, or nRange Golf GPS. Poynt appears to be using cell location, and I am unsure of Google Maps, though my position is off by almost a mile.

I've checked the permissions on all the programs, everything is allowed currently....

Wifi - is not picking up any networks at all

Anyone have any tips or suggestions?
    06-28-10 07:44 AM
    That's a little vague I have been having consistent wifi problems since upgrading to .713. Do a battery pull and make sure everything is turned on.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-28-10 07:49 AM
    I've tried that...sorry fro the vagueness.

Poynt - cell location only working

Berryweather - when trying to utilize current location (basically your gps location) it cannot find me

nRange Golf - says cannot locate GPS signal at start, and keeps trying with no success

Google Maps - not sure if it also uses cell location, but my location is consistently 1/2 mile or so from where I actually am
    06-28-10 08:25 AM
    What OS? Official or Hybrid? Recent app install?

Try to resend service books. If that doesn't work, backup your device, try to wipe and reload OS. If I were you I would use SaskaTel 517 or VZ 713 official or a hybrid based on one of those two.
    06-28-10 08:44 AM
    I'm using official 713...

how do you resend service books? wipe?

Sorry, I've never had to do either of those

Thanks for the help
    06-28-10 08:57 AM
    Poynt is not working for me.

Received message to upgrade to Google Maps 4.2.0
    06-28-10 09:00 AM
    I'm using official 713...

how do you resend service books? wipe?

Sorry, I've never had to do either of those

Thanks for the help
    Lots of info out here on both. You should search and follow the directions and make sure you are comfortable with it before you start. But rest assured if you can't "ruin" the phone. You can "brick" it, but it can be recovered. Search on "device switch wizard" and use DM to back up. using those two processes (successfully) will guarantee that you've got everything saved and will be able to get it back after an OS reload.
    06-28-10 10:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD