I dropped my phone and the scrollball popped out. The phone still worked, I could still answer calls and text, I just couldnt scroll down, etc. The battery died out and when I charged it, it wouldnt turn back on. I replaced it with a new battery and charged it again and it still wont seem to turn on. Only when I plugged it to the charger did the charging logo (hour glass with a lighting bolt through it) come on the screen. I replaced the scrollball along with a new keyboard and when I tried to turn it back on, it still wouldnt turn on. When its connected to the charger, all that shows up on the screen again is the charging logo. We tried to turn it on with my simcard and without it. My boyfriend changed the scrollball and the keyboard and he examined the phone and everything seem to look fine and in place. Does anyone know what else I am missing or need to do to get it powered back on?
    09-03-08 09:59 PM
    Don't know if it will work but try turning it on while its plugged in

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-03-08 10:03 PM
    yeah we tried turning it on and it does nothing. all that it shows is that same charging logo.
    09-03-08 10:05 PM
    so it wont turn on while its plugged in weird cause then its most probably not the battery being dead

best thing I can think of now is give it a full 24 hour charge hit the reset button and try again

best of luck getting it fixed and I hope you don't need to get a new one
    09-03-08 11:09 PM
    Update. It's not the hour glass. It's the charging icon when it's plugged in and nothing happens when the phone is not plugged in and the battery installed.
    09-04-08 10:08 PM
    How far and on to what did it fall. To pop out the trackball
    would require a serious jolt I would think. Maybe the fall damged
    some part of the circuitry.

Also, do you have insurance?
    09-04-08 11:02 PM
    ya I think AG has a point there to do with shock
    last thing to try is plug the phone in no battery see what happens

otherwise I'm hoping you have that insurance option
    09-04-08 11:09 PM
    **update

So my boyfriend and I have been trying to fix this phone. He tried installing the OS on it or plugging it into the computer but it wouldnt recognized it. No luck.

Today I dcided to give it one more try before calling it dead, and when I pressed the power button, it turned on! Everything was still there, all my info, texts, etc. The first screen that came on said that the battery was drained. So i plugged it into the charger and seemed to work fine. I couldnt connect to a network though cause the battery was too low and it said it couldnt find a radio signal. I decided to try it with my sim card in this time since when it magically turned on there was no sim in it. Well, when I tried to turn it back on, it cameback to the same white screen, battery logo and lghting bolt. Any ideas anyone??
    09-06-08 08:08 AM
    The only idea I have is to call it good and get a new one then LOL
    09-06-08 08:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD