Hi,
    My beloved 2nd BB 9000 recently died. A family member is going to give me their iPhone 3G until I buy the Bold 9900 (so excited about the 9900).
    Can someone please explain to me how I can transfer my contacts and possibly other info I might need from my blackberry Desktop Manager to the iPhone. I have Microsoft Office but it doesn't have Outlook.

Thanks so much in advance.
    Last edited by bigwhey74; 05-09-11 at 08:34 PM.
    05-09-11 08:31 PM
    I guess if I could somehow make a csv file then I could easily export them to Gmail account right? Is there anyway to do this?

PS- i borrowed a buddies blackberry to sync with my contacts/restore data...if that helps anything.
    05-09-11 08:57 PM
    Sync your conteacts from BlackBerry to Windows Native Contacts Application/ Microsoft Outlook. Then sync your iPhone with the Windows Native Contacts Application/ Microsoft outlook to get the contacts.

Windows Native Contacts Application/ Microsoft Outlook will serve as your bridge between BlackBerry and iPhone.
    05-10-11 01:48 AM
    And by the way, I have tried that, from iPhone I shifted to BlackBerry. Got my contacts from my iPhone to my BlackBerry.
    05-10-11 01:49 AM
    Using Desktop Manager you can do an ASCII sync that produces a .csv file on your desktop.
    05-10-11 11:29 AM
    And by the way, I have tried that, from iPhone I shifted to BlackBerry. Got my contacts from my iPhone to my BlackBerry.
    this worked great for me as well...
    05-10-11 11:41 AM
    Using Desktop Manager you can do an ASCII sync that produces a .csv file on your desktop.
    How do I do this?
    05-10-11 03:36 PM
    Sync your conteacts from BlackBerry to Windows Native Contacts Application/ Microsoft Outlook. Then sync your iPhone with the Windows Native Contacts Application/ Microsoft outlook to get the contacts.

Windows Native Contacts Application/ Microsoft Outlook will serve as your bridge between BlackBerry and iPhone.

Thank you but I don't have Outlook. I am assuming Native contacts application is a part of Outlook bc when I do a search on windows for Contacts that app doesn't show up.
    05-10-11 03:39 PM
    How do I do this?
    I'm using Blackberry Desktop software V6.0.2.44 so if your version is different you may not see the same things...

• Connect your BB to your PC with a USB cable, open Desktop Manager
    • Click on Organizer and Configure Settings
    • Click on Address Book, then ASCII Importer/Exporter, Next
    • Choose One Way Sync From Device, Next
    • Choose a path and file name for your exported file, ending in .csv
    • Choose Next, Next, OK.
    • Click Sync button in the lower right

This will create the .csv file on your desktop. You can open and edit this with Excel and use it to import into most any other email program, including Gmail.
    bigwhey74 likes this.
    05-11-11 07:15 AM
    Can someone post a sample Excel spreadsheet....and say what format to save it in....I have tried everything I can find on here, as well on the Internet and NO LUCK!!!

Please help.
    08-10-11 09:53 AM
    Can someone post a sample Excel spreadsheet....and say what format to save it in....I have tried everything I can find on here, as well on the Internet and NO LUCK!!!

Please help.
    With Desktop Manager installed, follow the directions right above your post and you will have exactly what you are looking for.
    08-10-11 10:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD