im new to this so yes imma newbee lol first bb so i have a few questions if someone can help pleaseeeee.

1.is there anyway i can be on a call and recieve or make texts
    2. if i get a larger micro sd card will my phone run better?
    3. i have a internet radio station is there any free streaming applications that i can hear my station on my bb cause i play music on there 24/7

please email if you have any answers for me i would apprecieate it greatly!

nonstopmuzik@yahoo.com

thanks,

porky
    05-12-10 09:45 AM
    1) No
    2) No, not really
    3) No idea.
    05-12-10 10:05 AM
    1) No

Are you saying no because its a boost mobile phone or because its a curve, or both?
    05-12-10 10:13 AM
    Are you saying no because its a boost mobile phone or because its a curve, or both?
    Because it is Boost.
    05-12-10 10:33 AM
    Oh ok... thought I was gonna have to call you out
    05-12-10 10:36 AM
    I'm on boost also. I have my messaging folder setup on a convenience key and when I am on a call I can hit speakerphone, then my left soft key for messaging and send messages all day while I am using the phone. You guys need to get your facts straight before you give bad advice.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-12-10 10:44 AM
    1) No because Boost is Sprint. CDMA technology is either data or voice but not both.
    2) No. Which Curve did you get? If you got an older one it will run slower. I <3 the Tour.
    3) Slacker Radio works just fine for me.
    05-12-10 10:48 AM
    Actually, Sprint allows texting while on the phone on various other devices, but on the BlackBerry they have apparently made that feature limited.

I have been able to receive and send text messages while on a call, but it only lasts for about the first 10-15 minutes. Some others have experienced the same thing, and some with a longer period in which they could send/receive texts. But the end result is that it is limited.

05-12-10 11:07 AM
    Thanks for the info MACK! Good to hear that's been clarified!

05-12-10 11:14 AM
    wow thanks for all the info.....greatly appreciated as far as it being the co. i use i wont say it again but i thought this is a bb fourm reguardless of what co. is being used.

thanks to all

porky
    05-12-10 11:34 AM
    Actually, Sprint allows texting while on the phone on various other devices, but on the BlackBerry they have apparently made that feature limited.

I have been able to receive and send text messages while on a call, but it only lasts for about the first 10-15 minutes. Some others have experienced the same thing, and some with a longer period in which they could send/receive texts. But the end result is that it is limited.

I have always been able to send and recieve text messeges while on the phone. I can't do anything data while on the phone because it is a cdma network. But since text messeges are not data you should be able to. Just last night I was on the phone with my dad for 50 minutes and texted the entire time.
    05-12-10 11:43 AM
    I didn't say Boost was bad. I think it's cheap and a good deal. If I weren't in a contract I would probably do the same thing myself.
    05-12-10 11:46 AM
    I have always been able to send and recieve text messeges while on the phone. I can't do anything data while on the phone because it is a cdma network. But since text messeges are not data you should be able to. Just last night I was on the phone with my dad for 50 minutes and texted the entire time.
    We *should* be able to. But most of us can't after 10-15 minutes.

This might be an 8330 limitation.
    05-12-10 12:28 PM
    1) No because Boost is Sprint. CDMA technology is either data or voice but not both.
    I'm on TELUS, but I just press the back button and the phone works fine, albeit 1x.
    05-12-10 05:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD