I have a bold 9000

the phone was working this morning fine then i picked it up and the keyboard went crazy so i did a battery pull only when i turned it back on none of the keyboard works!

The roller ball moves but wont click on anything. Someone called and it came through but i cant pick up the call or answer messages.

I have taken the battery out and put the phone face down on a towel as suggested for moisture.

What should i do now?does anyone know how i can fix it...its really important i use this phone for business and im also halfway through moving house. So i cant afford to take it into a shop!

thank you
    09-30-10 07:00 AM
    Take the battery out and leave the phone in bag of uncooked rice for 24-48 hours. Then put the battery on and see whether the keyboard works...

Hope this helps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-30-10 07:33 AM
    see i read about this rice thing but laods of other people are saying defo dont do that?
    09-30-10 07:35 AM
    It sounds bit odd... But trust me it works. Same happened to my bro's 8900 and we got it fixed this way.

Put the battery and device (separated) in a sealed plastic bag to prevent rice from getting inside the device and leave it in there. Worked for me though...

09-30-10 07:38 AM
    ok thanks!
    09-30-10 07:47 AM
    Don't get tempted to put the battery back on again to check the device. Leave it for atleast 24 hours...

09-30-10 07:50 AM
    i gotta admit im very tempted im expecting loads of calls today crazy how much your phone not working can bring the day to a stand still!
    09-30-10 07:51 AM
    Put the sim card in a spare phone (if you have one)... So that you will only miss the emails, which you can access on your computer... Don't worry... Everything will be just fine ...

09-30-10 07:55 AM
    i dont have a spare do you think i should take the sim out anyway?
    09-30-10 07:57 AM
    Doesn't really matter... But take it out and give it a wipe as well...

09-30-10 08:17 AM
    Do the rice thing as others have suggested first. If that doesn't work, you need to disassemble the phone.

I had a 8900 with almost the same symtoms - the phone would boot up but none of the keys worked, not even the trackball button. Somehow moisture got under the return key and shorted the button. I peeled back the pcb (https://www.gsm4world.us/blackberry-...02454_351.html) to see that the cup for the return key was burnt, so I scraped off the black soot and used a pencil eraser to clean the board side of any residue, then reassembled. I guess I got lucky because everything worked. I hope it does for you too. Good luck and keep us posted.
    09-30-10 02:29 PM
    thanks guys the rice thing worked only now i have trouble with my camera
    10-06-10 12:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD