My BB was disconnected from my computer during the backup at step 10. Is there any way to get the lost data back? My phone looks like it just came out of the box! Any help would be much appreciated!
    08-25-10 12:28 PM
    Was there some sort of backup file created at all?
    Do you have a previous backup?
    Why did you disconnect the phone before the backup was completed?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-25-10 12:46 PM
    I unplugged the wrong USB cord. . . Duh moment . . . I have backed it up before, but I will have to check when I get home to see if any file was created on the desktop. I never named any file. The phone was in the start-up process when it was disconnected.
    08-25-10 02:13 PM
    First of all, the backup files are located by default in your "My Documents" folder.

Secondly, if the phone was in the boot up process then this wasn't a regular backup, you were probably updating your software. This is fine though because it probably created a "loader backup" which you can use to put all your personal information back on it.

Just hook it up to the computer when you get home, open Desktop Manager, and run a restore. It will bring you to the place with all your backups, a normal one, or a loader one will work. Just pick the most recent one.
    08-25-10 02:24 PM
    Would have worked perfectly. . .I accidentally replace this morning's file with one from this afternoon. . .it's just not my week for technology Thank you much for your help!
    08-25-10 03:42 PM
    Would have worked perfectly. . .I accidentally replaced this morning's file with one from this afternoon. . .it's just not my week for technology Thank you much for your help!
    08-25-10 03:48 PM
    If you generally make backups or have done some form of update, the files are automatically given names with the date in them. So a new one should not have over-written an older one on your computer.

You could also search your entire computer for *.ipd files and see which is the most recent, whether a loader backup or a "plain" backup or whatever.
    08-25-10 04:18 PM
    Yep.

Look for a file named LoaderBackup(date).ipd.
    08-25-10 05:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD