I used two types of headsets and I still have the same problem. The music seems to skip/stutter when using my Bluetooth headsets. (Motorola S9 or Southwing SA505). First day everything was working fine then all of a sudden it skips. Please advise...

Blackberry Curve 8320
    10-20-07 10:34 AM
    Have you tried listening with regular wired headsets to make sure the problem lies with the bluetooth?
    10-20-07 10:37 AM
    Yes, The music works fine with headphones.. Do I need to clear the cache or something else?
    10-21-07 08:59 PM
    Delete the BT headset on your device then pair it again. worked for me.
    12-03-07 03:28 AM
    My moto HS820 started doing this while playing mp3's (oddly enough not during calls) but deleting/re-pairing also fixed it for me. Thanks!
    03-20-09 07:11 PM
    Just got my new Altec Lansing (Plantronics) 903 backbeat BT headphones. They worked fine for the first sone, then they start to skip all through the songs. I contacted Altec and they had me delete the device, pull the BB battery out, then restart the phone and re-pair the 903. Still same problem. I am running the most current version of BB device software. I feel quite sure it is the BT feature, because I previously used the Motorola S9 BT headphones, with the same problem. Thank you all in advance for your suggestions/help!
    05-11-09 01:18 PM
    I'm using Sony BT headphones and music skips too. Also skips on Audible books.
    Works fine without bluetooth?
    Anyone found a solution?
    Thanks,
    Brad
    08-11-09 07:04 AM
    Something to keep in mind -- are you running many apps in the background while music is playing? Does it happen all the time? Does it happen when you're staying stil land the phone is closer to the headphones?
    08-11-09 06:21 PM
    Been streaming music to mono and stereo headsets for over a year.

I find that music can cut out for any of the following reasons

1) Your headset has a weak antenna and so if its too far from the device it will cut

Solution: Bring it closer

2) Needs to be repaired

Solution: Delete and repair device

3) You're running out of device memory

Solution: Hard phone reset or closing some apps

4) There are other signals in the area that are interfering with your bluetooth (I find that sometimes while I'm passing a certain area the music always cuts out but as soon as I walk out of the radius then I'm clear again)

Solution: Avoid those areas =P

5) Connected to multpile bluetooth devices. When I'm paired with my laptop and my bluetooth headset I notice a significant amount of cuts in my music

Solution: Disable one or the other while you're pairing to one of the devices.

There was one more which I forgot. If I remember I'll add it
    08-24-09 10:25 AM
    One thing that hasn't been brought up is whether the device is being used outdoors. Whenever I go outside with my Voyager 855, it sometimes starts to skip a lot. I'm guessing it's because your body acts as a conductor and can sometimes block the signal. This isn't an issue indoors, since the signal can bounce off the walls. Just keep that in mind and try to find a good spot on your body for it to connect to your headset without interference.
    09-03-09 02:00 AM
    Storm 9530-

Listening to music inside is just fine, but take one step outside. more silence than music...

This has been confirmed on my Motorola S9-HD AND also my new Altec Lansing BackBeat 903.

I was hoping it was the S9-HD and my problem would be solved with the new BlueTooth. But no... It's got to be the Bluetooth signal on the device.

Question, is anyone having problems with their BB's in regards to this problem and HAS A CASE on the blackberry? I'm sporting a Incipio Feather case.

I look really stupid having to hold my BlackBerry Storm less than 2 feet from my headset while outside. And forget about listening to music while doing ANYTHING outside.
    09-11-09 10:51 AM
    Here's a demo I put on youtube.

09-11-09 01:41 PM
    I don't know how BT works but also suspect that indoors the signal bounces off walls and is picked up by the S9 (original, here). When working out in the gym my S9 and 8830 would generally work fine with an occasional dropout. Outside, unless I had the 8830 in the top flap of a backpack it would drop out regularly. Even wearing it in the same small fanny pack I used at the gym in the same location - awful.

But the other day, I decided to try my new Tour with the S9 outside. It actually worked reasonably well without only about 4 or 5 dropouts on a 4 mile walk with the Tour in my pants pocket at my hip. I could make it dropout if I turned my head toward the left with the Tour in the left pocket. Turning right did not break the sound. So possibly the Tour has a strong BT transmitter????

I have always wondered how the new S9 compares to my older standard ones.
    09-15-09 10:47 PM
    Do you guys with the S9 use the arm band that came with the product? I haven't and have minimal issues outside. But the arm band is supposed to help bounce the signal around.
    09-15-09 11:22 PM
    I didn't get an armband with mine... Unless it's still in the box. It's an s9-hd I bought from crackberry store.
    09-16-09 08:47 AM
    Back from the dead...

I've tried both the S9 and the new backbeat something or other with my Bold 9700... while I'm jogging, it skips every few seconds... sometimes up to 20-30 seconds in between. There is something physical about it... holding the BB or having it in my shorts pocket does it... but if I'm using it on a plane, sitting still, no problems... Any more headway on this type of issue? Make me want to chuck the BB across the street.
    06-04-10 11:42 AM
    Yes, The music works fine with headphones..
    06-10-10 12:06 AM
    The S9's appear to be very dependent on the location of the BB. If I've got it in the top flap of a day pack it works pretty perfectly. But anywhere else and I've got to make sure that the position is really right on. In the gym, a fanny pack at my wide-waist worked fine on bike and rowing machine and other equipment - no so on longer walks. I think the signal bounces off walls indoors and does not outdoors.
    06-10-10 08:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD