it sounds like you think your kid is in a lot of trouble if that's the case, why get him a blackberry at all?

maybe you should talk to him first and see what's up. who knows, maybe he's just really chatty, i know i was when i was 15. if it becomes a problem, cut off the service. if he's paying for his own service. well then. that's another story.
    04-28-09 04:21 PM
    Your the parent blah blah blah. You make the rules blah blah blah. Take the phone away blah blah blah. Talk to your kid blah blah blah.

I just figured I would go ahead and type it, just the same way it will be read by the OP.

Seriously, my kids will have cell phones when they get a little older and they may get blackberries. I am doing it for my own piece of mind more than anything though. I want to be able to keep in touch with them at all times and I want them to be able to get me at anytime too. I will probably end up using SmrtGuard :: Your Smartphone Guardian™ or some other programs to keep tabs on them also.

I do agree with others about this being a jealous wife/girlfriend more than a mom. Hmmm maybe a jealous Milf?
    04-28-09 05:20 PM
    Obviously, insisting that he shows you what is actually YOUR phone (assuming you pay for it) is the way to go. If you feel that he is deleting messages off of it, take the phone one day without warning, and hold onto it while he's at school. If you're worried about "skype", then uninstall it, or sit in on his convos. If he's uncomfortable, too bad.
    04-30-09 09:28 AM
    04-30-09 09:53 AM
    take the bold back and git a track phone. no txt or anything

like that. just str8 phone.
    04-30-09 10:05 AM
    How about, not giving your 15 year old son a blackberry to begin with. That was dumb! There are many other devices out there that would have served your purpose of keeping tabs on your family. There are devices out there that you can limit what numbers are allowed to be dialed from the phone and what numbers the phone will accept incoming calls from. You basically gave your 15 year old the key to the world with everything a blackberry can do. I say take it away and give him a phone that only you can call and that can only call you.
    04-30-09 12:24 PM
    Take the damn thing! You are the parent. If he refuses to unlock it and allow you to see what he is doing then he shouldn't have the phone in the first place.

I never had this problem with my parents because I paid for my phone - it was the only way I could get one - but if you bought the phone and are paying the bill then it is YOUR phone, not his. He is simply being allowed to use it.

Kids these days think that having a cell phone is a right when in reality it is a privilege. Talk to him and make sure he knows that. You didn't have to get a phone for him, you don't have to pay his bill every month.
    04-30-09 12:39 PM
    You're the parent so set the phone rules and then live by them!?!? If he can't follow the rules then take the phone away and be done with it!!
    04-30-09 02:14 PM
    Have you forgotten that YOU are the parent? Act like one and take his phone away.
    04-30-09 02:32 PM
    I am with VZW and they have a thing called chaperone.
    See if AT&T has a similar thing where you can monitor your childs
    where abouts.
    Yeah sure he can turn off the phone yadda yadda.
    Ok if he does suspend his service. That would kill
    him.
    If your child knows the can be momitored that may help.
    Good luck.....
    04-30-09 02:36 PM
    buy a new phone. go to verizon and since you are the account holder, get it activated under your son's number. Then you will get all his new texts on that phone and you can find out whos hes talking to and for what...
    04-30-09 02:46 PM
    good advise in this thread ... to bad that the OP has got to be a wife/GF trying to bust him. just my $.02
    04-30-09 03:18 PM
    I have a hunch it isn't her sons phone.
    I am guessing its actually a boyfriend or husband, and she suspects another woman is texting or emailing him.

The premise of it being her son doesn't make sense- you take the phone away.

Obviously she is hoping to find out some mysterious way to snoop on hwr better halfs cell phone use.

Just my opinion.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-30-09 04:09 PM
    This can be solved like this:

"Honey, I'm the parent and you're the child. Tell me the password to your Blackberry"
    "No Mom!"
    "Hey what's that?" *point over their shoulder*
    "Huh?"

Then sucker punch him in the stomach. Repeat until you get the information.
    04-30-09 04:12 PM
    5 pages and only 2 answers repeated over and over. Once someone said take it away everyone followed suit. Someone came in and called bluff on the OP being a mom and then again everyone followed. The more users we get the more of a crap hole this forum becomes...

04-30-09 04:28 PM
    Another thing is, since you're paying the bill, request the call and SMS history from the carrier.. they should be able to give it to you. It's YOUR bill.
    04-30-09 04:46 PM
    Hmm 4 pages of reading and maybe I missed it but I didnt see the OP reply to anything. Im thinking troll, girlfriend/wife trying to dig up something, or a kid making sure he cant get caught. Dave, any forum that has alot of people will have some people that have the same views as one another. It doesnt make this place a crap hole. Subjects like this come and go all the time. Nothing work loosing sleep over.
    04-30-09 05:33 PM
    Stupid parents make stupid children, the apple doesn't fall far. What ***** parent gives a 15 year old a BB. I've got 3 kids and they are dreaming if they think they'll get one.

04-30-09 05:38 PM
    Ouch, thread turn.

Anyway, Mais... I'm not going to tell you how to run your family, if you think the right thing to do is sneaking behind his back to invade in his life, that's fine. Just don't be surprised when he sneaks behind your back to hide it from you. Don't get mad either, because as the parent you're teaching him that it's ok to do that.

No there is not really a way to get into his bb if he deosn't want you to. That's why it's the only phone that's cia certified.
    I'm 13 and I have a BB 8900. I couldn't agree more with the above bolded statement.
    04-30-09 08:46 PM
    I'm still trying to understand how you could get your 15-year old son a Bold. Lay down the law, Mom. If all else fails, just cancel the service.
    my 8 year old son has a pearl. Lol
    My

04-30-09 09:17 PM
    The Blackberry, by design, is supposed to be a secure device. If it was so easy for us to crack it and pull off private information, none of us would use it.

I'd give the troll a 5/10.
    04-30-09 10:50 PM

If that fails, whoop his ***, take the BB away and ground him without any privelidges

Best advise yet. Be a mom, realistically a 15 y/o doesnt need a BB anyway. Most adults dont need one and rarely use them to even a tenth of their capacity.
    04-30-09 11:50 PM
    my 8 year old son has a pearl. Lol
    My

I dont find that funny.
    04-30-09 11:51 PM
    Well if you truly are a mom (and not a girlfriend/wife) you should just sit your kid down and have a long heart to heart. Like others have said you are the parent and you are paying the bill. You don't need a password to get in there if the kid doesn't allow you in there simply end service and let that be it...
    05-01-09 12:04 AM
    6 pages of comments and no follow up. Doesn't sound like a "concerned mom" to me. Any parent would have cancelled service and replaced the phone. Good luck "mom".

05-01-09 12:14 AM
76 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD