I was walking through the park this morning and found a brand new BB curve lying on the ground. I wanted to return it to the owner but it's password locked so I can't call anyone on the contact list to let them know I have it. The only information I can get from the BB desktop software is the PIN number but thats only associated with the phone hardware and not the account. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get some of the data out of the phone so I can return it to its owner? Like, if I could get the phone number of it even I could call Rogers and tell them to let the person know my number so they can call me or something... I know I had to work hard to afford my blackberry and I would hate losing it so I'm hoping I can find a way to return it and not have it sit on my desk.

Thanks!

Dan
    09-29-10 11:56 PM
    The carrier should be able to locate the owner - the pin number would probably help them. There may be some other identifying number on the phone, behind the battery???
    09-30-10 12:46 AM
    If it's branded with the carrier's name, take it into one of their stores and leave it with them. They can usually trace it back to the owner. We've had a store call to tell us someone had turned in one of our phones that had been lost.
    09-30-10 01:33 AM
    Reading this post actually made me smile a little knowing someone would go to such lengths to help someone who lost something personal. You're awesome.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-30-10 01:54 AM
    I was walking through the park this morning and found a brand new BB curve lying on the ground. I wanted to return it to the owner but it's password locked so I can't call anyone on the contact list to let them know I have it. The only information I can get from the BB desktop software is the PIN number but thats only associated with the phone hardware and not the account. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get some of the data out of the phone so I can return it to its owner? Like, if I could get the phone number of it even I could call Rogers and tell them to let the person know my number so they can call me or something... I know I had to work hard to afford my blackberry and I would hate losing it so I'm hoping I can find a way to return it and not have it sit on my desk.

Thanks!

Dan
    *win* +10 Characters
    09-30-10 02:04 AM
    Reading this post actually made me smile a little knowing someone would go to such lengths to help someone who lost something personal. You're awesome.

+1000000

It looks as though the OP actually signed up for CB to ask this question. It's nice to know there's actually good people left on this planet.

nanodan you've got some great karma coming to you! Please stay around CrackBerry we need more people like you. But anyway, as was said above take it to a Rogers store (or whatever the phone is branded to) and they will find the owner.
    09-30-10 03:25 AM
    Congrats!

Does the lock screen happen to have any info? Usually, there are emails and/or phone numbers on it to call.

If not, the closest store may be of help - they have the customer's pin # on file, so it should be traceable.
    09-30-10 04:39 AM
    Hey guys,

Thanks for the reply's. I'll take it to the nearest Rogers store as soon as I get a chance, and hopefully they can get it back to the owner. I was just hoping that there was someway to return it directly as I'm a student with no car, and its hard to get around to the stores!

Cheers,

Dan
    09-30-10 06:41 AM
    thats lovely i hope you find them your a good person!
    09-30-10 07:08 AM
    Ur a good man/woman, before taking it back to rogers I'd hold onto it incase the owner tries to call it... I don't think u have to unlock the phone while receiving an incoming call do u?

09-30-10 07:52 AM
    +1 on waiting for a call. Also, since you can't get to the store easily you might try calling a local store and see if someone there can call the owner for you. Might get someone who's willing to help. I am also happy to see that someone is going to great lengths to return a lost phone. It shows there ARE still good people in the world despite all the bad we hear everyday

09-30-10 08:07 AM
    Rogers phones use SIM cards. If you move the SIM card to an unlocked phone, the number associated with that card becomes available.

However, returning it to the carrier's store is the best way to get it back to the original owner.
    09-30-10 09:59 AM
    A lost phone will truly miss it's owner as it's owner will deeply miss it's (addiction) presence.

09-30-10 04:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD