I am about to take the Blackberry plunge but would like some help from experienced blackberry users. My question is which Blackberry should I choose the Bold or the Tour? I like to use the browser (no WiFi on the Tour ), I know the Bold has internal memory, but is this important, service provider doesn't really matter, can someone please help me pick one, I am looking for your opinions so don't be scared to give them.
    07-18-09 12:11 PM
    I like the wifi and larger internal memory of the Bold but prefer the smaller form factor of the Tour. You really can't go wrong with either. I was limited by provider coverage so my decision was simple.
    07-18-09 12:24 PM
    Tour!! The size of the Tour is so nice compare to the Bold. Does wifi really matter? I mean BB compress data so much I never turn on my wifi when I used the Bold at home.
    07-18-09 12:29 PM
    Carrier and coverage are the prime issues. That is where you will be spending the bulk of your communications budget. A poor carrier choice far outways any minor device differences.

07-18-09 12:38 PM
    tour, the bold is huge
    07-18-09 12:39 PM
    not so huge: bold size: L 114 mm/ D 15 mm/ W 66mm
    tour: L 112 mm/ D 14.2 mm/ W 62mm
    07-18-09 12:53 PM
    If I were you, I would choose the Bold. Its much more versatile. You won't be sorry, especially when the 5.0 update is released.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-18-09 12:56 PM
    The Bold may be "huge" by some standards, but the keypad is really nice for typing. The device you choose is really all about what you want to do with it.

For a lot of texting/typing - Bold
    If you need wifi - Bold
    Large onboard storage space - Bold
    Better Camera - Tour
    Smaller form factor - Tour
    Larger Viewing Screen - Tour

Both devices are really nice. I'm totally addicted to my Bold and a smaller device would not suit me because I have a lot of typing to do on it.

Whichever one you choose - you can't go wrong and I am certain you will enjoy.

Peace...
    07-18-09 01:02 PM
    ok i assume you already looked into the provider coverage in your area? i would go with the better coverage. the bold has the benefit of the wifi but the tour has 256mb of memory which is nice too. i would go with the Bold since ATT in my area is great and wifi is so awesome to have. but thats just my .02

also on a side note for those of you buying the Bold and are going to ATT store they are charging liek 400 bux online and i think 300 in store. go to best buy and activate there its only $200 for a new line just thought i would throw that in there and that is no rebates just straight up.
    07-18-09 01:02 PM
    The Bold may be "huge" by some standards, but the keypad is really nice for typing. The device you choose is really all about what you want to do with it.

For a lot of texting/typing - Bold
    If you need wifi - Bold
    Large onboard storage space - Bold
    Better Camera - Tour
    Smaller form factor - Tour
    Larger Viewing Screen - Tour

Both devices are really nice. I'm totally addicted to my Bold and a smaller device would not suit me because I have a lot of typing to do on it.

Whichever one you choose - you can't go wrong and I am certain you will enjoy.

Peace...
    the tour keyboard is very similar to the bold actually so i dont know if i would credit one being better. also the tour comes with a 2gb card and the bold does not only has 1gb onboard.

heres a quick head to head form blackberry.com

Tour vs. Bold
    size: 112mmx62mmx14.2mm vs. 114mmx66mmx15mm really not that different the bold looks bigger but very close.
    weight: 130g vs. 136g so the bold is slightly heavier but barely.
    screen resolution: 480x360 vs. 480x320
    battery life (standby/talktime): 14days/5hrs vs. 13.5days/4.5hrs
    Ram: 256mb vs. 128mb this is clear advantage of tour for apps and using memory for programs.
    storage from the factory: 2gb microsd card/ 1gb onboard storage.
    wifi: none vs. enabled so the bold ahs wifi tour doesn't
    radios: cdma+gsm vs. gsm only

they do not mention the actual screen viewing size.
    *all specs are from blackberry.com*
    Last edited by ReaperZ1013; 07-18-09 at 01:18 PM.
    07-18-09 01:05 PM
    Thanks for all the help and feedback, I took all the opinions and advice seriously, did some more research, and decided on the Bold. Picked it up last night, and must say I am a bit overwhelmed, this is quite the device. Size doesn't bother me, I am 6'2" so the Bold fits nicely in my hands, and typing is pretty good (any smaller might make it a bit tricky)
    So thanks again, its nice to become part of a helpful group such as all you blackberry users, I'm happy to be a Blackberry user too.
    07-21-09 03:16 PM
    I suggest bold, it has awesome keypad..
    07-21-09 03:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD