I need help...I am a Real Estate agent and have an administrative assistant.

I would like her to be able to be at the office...and be able to setup an appointment on her computer on my calendar, and have that sync to my blackberry.

I currently use an Android phone, and Google Apps. However I am not happy with my HTC EVO as a communication device (sending emails, etc).

So what do i need to do...setup a BES server? Or would office365 be the answer....I want to start using blackberries again, but the current google syncing option for blackberry is much to slow..and not reliable enough to run a business with.

Thanks in Advance
    08-05-11 10:26 PM
    Your going to need a Microsoft exchange server (Intermedia etc) then your BB will sync to your exchange server and Outlook. If you assistant makes changes to outlook it will reflect on your phone and vise versa.

I have not looked to deeply into Office 365 and how well it syncs with the BB.

I am a Google apps user as well and actually am thinking about going back to Android for the native sync. I have the best results with Android and Google apps.
    08-05-11 10:34 PM
    Based on my recent experience, Remember The Milk has been pretty great for me - you can use the web UI to control your calendar/tasks, but you have to pay a yearly subscription fee of $25 USD for MilkSync (the BlackBerry app to sync between your device and the data they have on the site). They do however offer a 14 day trial, so you could see whether it's suitable for you and make your mind up before paying for the service - you can even use the service to sync your current data from the Google Apps.
    08-05-11 10:35 PM
    I found this information on Office365 and Blackberry working together...sounds interesting...Really would like to be able to use Blackberry with reliable cloud service

Q. What are BlackBerry Business Cloud Services from RIM?
    A.
    Microsoft and Research in Motion (RIM) announced in March 2011 that by the end of 2011 RIM will provide a hosted BlackBerry service for Office 365 customers, known as BlackBerry Business Cloud Services. A public beta is expected to be available in early October.
    Blackberry Business Cloud Services will provide BlackBerry users with email, calendar, PIM, and additional capabilities.
    08-06-11 12:13 AM
    Try Nice Office . Its works well for me . Download the app from appworld and sign up online . Its easy.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-06-11 05:05 AM
    I found this information on Office365 and Blackberry working together...sounds interesting...Really would like to be able to use Blackberry with reliable cloud service

Q. What are BlackBerry Business Cloud Services from RIM?
    A.
    Microsoft and Research in Motion (RIM) announced in March 2011 that by the end of 2011 RIM will provide a hosted BlackBerry service for Office 365 customers, known as BlackBerry Business Cloud Services. A public beta is expected to be available in early October.
    Blackberry Business Cloud Services will provide BlackBerry users with email, calendar, PIM, and additional capabilities.
    You can use Office 365 or another hosted exchange/BES service.
    08-06-11 05:30 AM
    Office 365 doesn't have BES yet.

I can't believe for a small business owner there is no way to have email, contacts, tasks and calendar sync?

Please help...i want to move from Android to Blackberry....but i need instant sync capabilities....what options do i have??
    08-19-11 12:40 AM
    Search for thread title "Thinking of getting a Blackberry but cannot work out how the Internet access works..." Post number 4 mentions setting up a BESx with the google connector for google apps. I would post the link, but since I'm new here with only a couple of posts I can't do it.

It seems like BESx is a good solution for google apps, although I'm not sure how difficult it is to administer or how stable it is. I've been thinking of setting up something similar for my wife and kids.
    08-19-11 02:37 AM
    Search for thread title "Thinking of getting a Blackberry but cannot work out how the Internet access works..." Post number 4 mentions setting up a BESx with the google connector for google apps. I would post the link, but since I'm new here with only a couple of posts I can't do it.

It seems like BESx is a good solution for google apps, although I'm not sure how difficult it is to administer or how stable it is. I've been thinking of setting up something similar for my wife and kids.
    A Real Estate agent does not want to be setting up a BESx server.

BTW Out of the Box, a BIS BB can sync mail and calendar reasonably well with Google Apps, contacts are a bit of a mess, tasks & memos are not supported.
    08-19-11 07:53 AM
    you might want to try
    Hosted BlackBerry Enterprise Server for Google Apps

these guys claim to have Hosted BESX with google apps, so you potentially could keep a google address and have your hosted BESX for fast reliable sync.
    08-19-11 09:00 AM
    you might want to try
    Hosted BlackBerry Enterprise Server for Google Apps

these guys claim to have Hosted BESX with google apps, so you potentially could keep a google address and have your hosted BESX for fast reliable sync.
    That service will provide BES or BESx for the same $10 a month. Using BES instead of BESx will generally incur an additional $10 a month in carrier charges.
    08-19-11 10:09 AM
    If you use Google Apps or Gmail you can delegate your calendar to your assistant. She can make changes and you will see them on your Blackberry if you use Google Sync. We have several doing this same exact thing and it works well.
    08-19-11 10:32 AM
    Google Calendar syncs fine with BBs now. You can set it up through BIS or use the Google Sync app. BIS sync with gCal is auto, and any events added to gCal on the web app will be pushed to your BB calendar within half an hour (from my experience. If you need instant sync you should use Google Sync where you can get it to sync on demand.

Also if you want to have color codes preserved from the web app to your BB, you're out of luck. No option for having categories on the BB calendar, and the only way to have more colors on it is to have more e-mail accounts added to BIS.
    08-19-11 10:34 AM
    That service will provide BES or BESx for the same $10 a month. Using BES instead of BESx will generally incur an additional $10 a month in carrier charges.
    For a business it gets to be a wright off anyway, IF it gets the job done $120 a year is less than I pay google for email accounts,

just showing options
    08-19-11 11:14 AM
    For a business it gets to be a wright off anyway, IF it gets the job done $120 a year is less than I pay google for email accounts,

just showing options
    That's $120 per phone per year, you are probably looking at your total costs. OTOH I pay google $0 for my accounts (I host two domains). I make do with BIS calendar sync and USB contacts sync though.
    08-19-11 12:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD