As BlackBerry 10 seems to be coming to an end with no further devices and many applications like Whatsapp and Twitter not being supported, which phone should I choose? The Hub, keyboard and emails are the most important aspects for myself and that's why I love the BlackBerry for the last 15 years

Posted via CB10
    02-27-16 04:44 PM
    I'd go with an Android phone.

If by keyboard you mean physical keyboard, Priv, no question.
    02-27-16 04:52 PM
    Thanks, Question is which Android? I would grab the Priv but keyboard not great at all and I am an extremely heavy user of my mobile and the Priv has a none removable battery which is a problem.

Posted via CB10
    02-27-16 04:55 PM
    I'd go with an Android phone.

If by keyboard you mean physical keyboard, Priv, no question.
    why not IPhone?
    02-27-16 04:56 PM
    I personally dislike the iPhone

Posted via CB10
    02-27-16 04:58 PM
    I personally dislike the iPhone

Posted via CB10
    Windows 10 phone?
    02-27-16 05:03 PM
    Thanks, Question is which Android? I would grab the Priv but keyboard not great at all and I am an extremely heavy user of my mobile and the Priv has a none removable battery which is a problem.

Posted via CB10
    If a non-removable battery isn't a deal breaker, a Nexus phone. I like the quick software updates and lack of manufacturer bloat. On the other hand, you could try waiting for the LG G5, or the LG V10 if you need it now.

why not IPhone?
    Personal preference.
    GadgetTravel likes this.
    02-27-16 05:07 PM
    If a non-removable battery isn't a deal breaker, a Nexus phone. I like the quick software updates and lack of manufacturer bloat. On the other hand, you could try waiting for the LG G5, or the LG V10 if you need it now.

Personal preference.
    LG G5 sounds like a good device, I hate even thinking to leave my BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    02-27-16 05:11 PM

Posted via CB10
    I would say Priv as well given your requirements but if the keyboard is an issue and you're not in a rush to upgrade, you could always wait for the Vienna (assuming it improves on the keyboard)?

Edit: Forgot to mention but the battery on the Priv should last a work day even with heavy usage
    02-27-16 05:15 PM
    I would say Priv as well given your requirements but if the keyboard is an issue and you're not in a rush to upgrade, you could always wait for the Vienna (assuming it improves on the keyboard)?

Edit: Forgot to mention but the battery on the Priv should last a work day even with heavy usage
    The only question is 'when' the Vienna will be released...can't wait forever

Posted via CB10
    02-27-16 05:21 PM
    Well it's not coming to an end tomorrow so if you are happy with what you have then why do anything?
    02-27-16 05:32 PM
    Make it easy on your self, learn to live with what either Android or iOS offers, if you choose Android go with a Nexus or a device with pure android (Moto X) so you don't have to wait for updates or deal with crappy manufacturer software.
    TgeekB likes this.
    02-27-16 06:23 PM
    The only question is 'when' the Vienna will be released...can't wait forever

Posted via CB10
    If.
    02-27-16 07:14 PM
    I'm interested in the Priv as well, but what is holding me back is not knowing how long it might be supported if BlackBerry stops making handsets. If BlackBerry stopped making handsets, I suppose they could abandon support of them, so where would the security updates come from ? What about OS updates? Google or BlackBerry ?

My son rooted his Nexus 6P and installed the hub, and although it isn't as good as on my Z30, it is better than what I've seen so far on Android. Can the BlackBerry apps be installed on non rooted phones? I'm not one to do a lot of tinkering and trying to choose an OS.

Posted via CB10
    02-28-16 01:12 PM
    As BlackBerry 10 seems to be coming to an end with no further devices and many applications like Whatsapp and Twitter not being supported, which phone should I choose? The Hub, keyboard and emails are the most important aspects for myself and that's why I love the BlackBerry for the last 15 years

Posted via CB10
    Since you've stated that you won't consider the iPhone, that leaves W10M phone and Android. W10M has the same issues of app support that BB10 has with all of the data mining problems of Android.

That leaves Android. I would go with the Nexus 6P. Decent hardware, vanilla Android so it's smooth and stable, and it's Google's own hardware, so you'll receive security updates before anyone else. Given what has been happening with BB10, the pure enterprise focus at MWC16 and the poor sales of the Priv (a blowout would've been trumpeted before now), I'm almost positive that BBRY is leaving hardware.
    02-28-16 01:34 PM
    I'm interested in the Priv as well, but what is holding me back is not knowing how long it might be supported if BlackBerry stops making handsets. If BlackBerry stopped making handsets, I suppose they could abandon support of them, so where would the security updates come from ? What about OS updates? Google or BlackBerry ?

My son rooted his Nexus 6P and installed the hub, and although it isn't as good as on my Z30, it is better than what I've seen so far on Android. Can the BlackBerry apps be installed on non rooted phones? I'm not one to do a lot of tinkering and trying to choose an OS.

Posted via CB10
    I was wondering the same thing but don't think so.
    02-28-16 01:51 PM