Help me! I'm slipping away! My wife just got a Samsung Galaxy S and the love I felt for BB is slipping fast! The browser is amazing! Yes Virginia, there are great browsers. Android takes some getting used to and some minor features I like on BB aren't there, but golly gee, if I can find work and start getting regular paychecks again, well, I don't think I can stop myself from buying a Galaxy S! Torch just didn't do enough to compete with the big boys, as daddy said, you can't play with the big dogs if you pee like a puppy.
    09-07-10 02:01 PM
    I was on the Android band wagon for about two weeks that was enough back to my Blackberry Bold 9700 and never looked back. You have to make your own choice as i did.
    09-07-10 02:05 PM
    as daddy said, you can't play with the big dogs if you pee like a puppy.
    That made me LOL hard at my desk!
    09-07-10 02:06 PM
    I was on the Android band wagon for about two weeks that was enough back to my Blackberry Bold 9700 and never looked back. You have to make your own choice as i did.
    What are your thoughts, I'd be interested in knowing your pros and cons.
    09-07-10 02:08 PM
    I'll be leaving for android (Droid X or the D2) this month or next. It just seems like it'll fit my needs so much better. RIM should have looked farther into the future than they did so they'd have realized that the internet and web browsing is just as big a part of communication as email is, for many of us, and left us out in the cold.

The other thing that stinks about BB is that BIS doesn't allow you to see your archived messages or folders like you can with BES. Well, that and the truncated messages/inability to handle large files.

The only thing I'll miss is BBM...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by the_sandman_454; 09-07-10 at 02:34 PM.
    09-07-10 02:19 PM
    I left my 9700, at the time RIM's flagship for a HTC Magic (MyTouch 3G/Google Ion) and i have yet to look back.

android has intercepted RIM customer base with big specs and great products. HTC and Motorola make some of the best handsets around, and Samsung's Android line is very well done.

RIM needs to play some serious catch up in this dog race.

Pros to android
    -browser
    -applications
    -media experience
    -universal sync with Google's online clients
    -nerd factor.* see below

cons to android
    -battery life
    *Since they are mini linux computers, they can get viruses /highly unlikely/ and "Gettting nerdy" with it can be very intimidating at the very word "go" but yet it allows you to do everything you could want and then some.

09-07-10 02:25 PM
    I've had many many many phones. I just switched from the bold to the galxy s epic. I am in love. I am not going back any time soon. I have had other androids and none have made me wanna switch until now. I'm just wow'd by this phone!

09-07-10 04:10 PM
    I've had many many many phones. I just switched from the bold to the galxy s epic. I am in love. I am not going back any time soon. I have had other androids and none have made me wanna switch until now. I'm just wow'd by this phone!

My main focus is web usage, hands down Android is better than RIM, then add in the excellent screen clarity and large size of the Galaxy and you have the winner. Anyone got a Tmobile Galaxy S they want to swap for a Tmobile 9700??
    09-07-10 05:38 PM
    I would love to stay with BB, love the phones and keyboards but they haven't even tried to keep up with iPhones and Droids of the world, so my Droid X arrives tomorrow. However, if RIM makes a real effort to be relevant again...I would consider coming back!
    09-07-10 10:21 PM
    As someone who recently switched to an iPhone 4; I think many people who have switched ate keeping their eyes on rim. We want to come back. We are patiently waiting for rim to develop a phone that offers the band for our buck that other phones offer.

On a side note... I would have purchased the 9800, but all I keep thinking about where the issues thAt many users were having with their phone here on crackberry. Of particular importance was many peoples complaint about their bis dropping. It scared me.

If I had not researched the phone and just went in blindly and buy -- l would have torch now.

Does anyone think that rims lack of response forbear issues impact their decisions on purchasing a new bb? In my case yes. It did factor in my decision.
    09-07-10 10:38 PM
    i might come back to rim next year im still unsure =/ that rumor blackberry triton is a wake up call for big things in the future
    09-07-10 11:07 PM
    i might come back to rim next year im still unsure =/ that rumor blackberry triton is a wake up call for big things in the future
    Haven't heard about the trition. I will have to see what I can dig up.
    09-08-10 07:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD