Hey guys, am new to this but need your help.
    I had a bb torch and dropped it in the loo (worst moment ever) I've put it in the airing cupboard and and praying to god that it survives!! In the meantime, i have my old bb curve that was locked to the orange network. I have since paid for this phone to be unlocked, but i put my new 3 sim in and nothing's happening, it's just set to SOS?? HELP pleaseeee
    10-19-11 03:23 PM
    I'm guessing that it's because the old curve isn't a 3G phone as the 'Three' sim only works on 3G phones, try a different sim and at least you'll be able to make calls and send texts
    10-19-11 04:34 PM
    Don't try powering up your Torch until you are 100% sure it is completely dry.
    10-19-11 05:51 PM
    Don't try powering up your Torch until you are 100% sure it is completely dry.
    +1 and this means DAYS of drying & don't use hair dryer either.
    10-19-11 07:19 PM
    Put it in a bag of dry uncooked rice for a couple of days. Rice absorbs moisture.
    MADBRADNYC likes this.
    10-20-11 07:50 AM
    Put it in a bag of dry uncooked rice for a couple of days. Rice absorbs moisture.
    And make that a sealed, airtight bag of rice, with your Blackberry buried completely, battery separate from device. Heavy duty baggies or freezer bags work well.
    10-20-11 07:53 AM
    I hate to read things like that. Hope it works out for you.
    How to clean up water-damaged electronics: the rice bowl -- Engadget
    The last sentence sums it up for me...
    Unfortunately, we suspect no amount of rice will absorb the lingering thought of toilet water in your ear whenever you're on a call.
    10-20-11 08:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD