I've suddenly begun receiving, at the bottom of incoming emails, the following message in bold red letters:

EMV: Connection failure: License will expire soon.

Google turned up only one post on the pinstack forum. I tried their solution, but it didn't work.

Any help? TIA.
    03-09-09 06:42 AM
    Okay, so this is strange...

Since no one posted a reply to my question, I started looking around for other posts with "EMV" (I'd done a search earlier on my error message with no matches). One post talked about the EMV (picture) cache, and how to delete it. I thought, what the hey, I'll go ahead and free up some memory while I'm waiting for a reply.

Yep -- you guessed it. As soon as I deleted the EMV picture cache (it will re-populate), I stopped getting the error messages in my emails. Go figure...

03-09-09 10:47 PM
    Just got the same message starting in my emails. Is this the right fix? How do I delete EMV cache?
    04-21-09 04:32 PM
    Like I said, it worked for me.

Open your camera app, click on the menu button (to the left of the "pearl"), click on "view pictures," and that will get you into the folders. Navigate up or down until you see the folder "EMV Cache" at the top of the screen, then highlight it, click the menu again, and click "delete" (click "yes" when it asks, "are you sure?")

Cheers --
    04-21-09 07:44 PM
    EMVCache the cache for the Empower HTML email app, is that right?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-21-09 10:16 PM
    Ummm.... I can't say. All I know is that I see it when scrolling through my folder levels while in my camera app. When I click on "properties," I get

/Media Card/Blackberry/pictures/EMVCache/

Sorry -- wish I could be of more help...
    04-21-09 10:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD