My Blackberry 7250 is dislpaying "JVM Error 523"

Anyone know a fix?

I will not go a way after many resets.

Osh
    06-10-07 04:21 PM
    Can you still use the device? Did you install something, thus causing this issue?

I suggest reloading the O.S. Don't forget to do a backup...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-10-07 07:07 PM
    No i could not sill use the device - the message was accross the screen

It turned out to be a Java error and the handhelds software needed to be updated (which was really challenging because the device would not stay connected to the desktop manager long enough to do a back up and restore)

SO I had the handheld wiped and reintalled the latest handheld software.

Luckily I backed up last week so ai got all me settings back - the data itself is synced with outlook so that is no big deal to re-sync.

Here is a link to the fix

Handheld and Desktop Software Upgrade Instructions

also see

BlackBerry Search Results

I am up and running again.

Thx

- Osh
    06-10-07 08:20 PM
    Brilliant, am glad you got it working. And, thants for taking the time to post the links that helped you...
    06-10-07 09:06 PM
    UGH. I have a T-mobile Blackberry Curve 8530. Annnd It's got the Error 523 message across the screen. I have no idea how to fix this. Please help soon!
    12-03-10 08:15 AM
    That error message means there is a problem with the software on your BlackBerry. The solution is simple, you can re-install the software with a PC computer.

Download and install both BlackBerry Desktop Manager and your device OS software. Use Applications to rebuild your software.

Let us know which carrier and model you have, we can post links to connect you with the correct software.
    12-03-10 09:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD