plz help my fellow addicts! So I downloaded the 4.5 desktop manager from the link posted on the crackberry blog post and seemingly also installed it but I can't seem to find desktop manager anywhere now, not even in all programs. So how do I actually truly install the desktop manager?
    06-21-08 10:20 PM
    same here i cant open dm 4.5
    06-21-08 10:59 PM
    I am in exactly the same boat!!! When I replaced the DTM 4.3 with the new english 4.5...my DTM desktop shortcut icon went away, and I can't launch the 4.5 DTM from my programs list...

Somebody tell me how to get my shortcut launcher back...or I'm going back to 4.3.
    06-21-08 11:28 PM
    Make sure you select the right version on RIM's site. Sounds like you selected the "device manager" install near the top of the page, not the "desktop manager" install near the bottom of RIM's page. (read closely)
    06-21-08 11:59 PM
    Yeah i did the same thing, you need to download......

Blackberry Desktop Software 4.5.0 bundle 16 English - With media manager.

I just did and now it works. Its really large file that downloads.
    06-22-08 12:13 AM
    Make sure you select the right version on RIM's site. Sounds like you selected the "device manager" install near the top of the page, not the "desktop manager" install near the bottom of RIM's page. (read closely)

thats what happened to me on Friday. I saw the 4.5 at the top and i downloaded it. and I was totally confused about it. cause it took away my desktop icon and everything.

So i spent most of today trying to figure out where i went wrong. So i uninstalled and used the cd that came with my phone and then went from there.

I felt so stupid, cause I didn't look at the dates.
    06-22-08 01:33 AM
    Yea it took a lot of hours and a few drinks for me to figure it out lol
    06-22-08 02:09 AM
    That happened to me to when I first saw it, spent a hour or two, then went back and wow, downloaded the wrong one.
    06-22-08 02:11 AM
    Ok, so I guess the silly question would have to be, other than a different look to it what advantages are there to having 4.5 as opposed to 4.3?
    06-22-08 02:55 AM
    None really, just a new interface.
    06-22-08 03:27 AM
    Ok, so I guess the silly question would have to be, other than a different look to it what advantages are there to having 4.5 as opposed to 4.3?

I copied this from the home page...

2. NEW FEATURES

* Roxio(R) Media Manager for BlackBerry(R) smartphones: This tool now includes

- a welcome screen that summarizes a user's media library
    - a simplified tool bar and options
    - browsing abilities for documents and voice notes
    - improved import for media files
    - support for encrypted SD cards

* Backup and restore: Enhancements for multi-service applications.

* Installation: The installation has been optimized for options and simpler dialog screens.

* Intellisync: Full support for Lotus Notes(R) 8 and support for Windows Mobile(R) 6 in the Switch Device wizard.

* Language support: The BlackBerry Desktop Manager user interface and online help are now available in Arabic, Dutch and Indonesian.

* User interface: The BlackBerry Desktop Manager user interface has been updated with a more user-friendly design.

* Automatically update the latest Device.xml and Vendor.xml files

* Support for serial devices and bulk calendar loading has been removed
    06-22-08 08:04 AM
    yep - I found out that the hard way, too. I am just downloading the 4.5.0 bundle 16 English - it is very large download 192mb. Though I have a 20mb speed line, the download from the RIM site is incredibly slow....it is currently 49% thru and says it will take another 40minutes! Gary
    06-22-08 08:15 AM
    It should come as no suprize that downloading is a little slow. There are likely thousands of users in the process of downloading the files.
    06-22-08 09:48 AM
    I got it downloaded early Sat morning and it was running fine and I love it.
    06-22-08 10:03 AM
    Anyone having this issue with Media Manager? Whenever I start it, it's asking for the Roxio Media Manager.msi. Of course it's no where to be found on my computer!! I've tried to uninstall and reinstall with no luck.
    06-23-08 03:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD