i have bought a blackberry form a colleague at work who claims the imei number is blocked but the phone has not been reported lost or stolen, i was just wondering is there anyway i can check to see if the imei is blocked or anything? because i dont have a t mobile sim card and dont want to waste money on unlocking the phone to only find out its unfixable?
    and also is the blackberry entirely useless if its been reported lost or stolen? as in there is no legal way to change the imei only by dodgy characters on the black market
    any help would be greatly appreaciated.
    oh and another thing i was told the blackberry was unlocked but i done the check by typing mped in and it tells me that the network is ACTIVE? so obviously it aint, but when i insert a virgin sim card i get anew icon about topping the sim up? whilst the phone is on tmobile?

im extreamly sorry if im not making sence.
    please help me
    03-09-10 06:16 PM
    It's probably blocked because money is owed on the account. It can only be fixed by means we are not allowed to discuss here, as you are thinking. Sell or use it for parts. Get a BB legally
    03-09-10 06:27 PM
    If it says Active, then yes its still locked.

And BTW, dont buy a stolen Berry
    03-09-10 06:31 PM
    okay thanks i understand, but is there anyway i can check if it really blocked so i dont loose money on unlocking it? thankyou
    03-09-10 06:43 PM
    okay thanks i understand, but is there anyway i can check if it really blocked so i dont loose money on unlocking it? thankyou
    Yes, call the carrier and ask them. Tell them you just purchased it and are wanting to make sure there won't be any problems.
    03-09-10 06:46 PM
    The IMEI isn't blocked T-mobile doesn't blacklist them. You just need to make sure the pin isn't blocked
    03-09-10 11:43 PM
    The IMEI isn't blocked T-mobile doesn't blacklist them. You just need to make sure the pin isn't blocked
    What if the PIN is blocked? How can you get it unblocked?
    03-10-10 07:56 AM
    What if the PIN is blocked? How can you get it unblocked?
    Possible but unlikely. HOWEVER with a PIN blocked GSM BB, you may still be able to use the device as a phone and for texting. That is providing the imei or esn is not blocked also, which appears to be the case here. Sounds like this guys has a paper weight, or BB parts.
    03-10-10 08:16 AM
    With GSM carriers it will still work just fine. If it's cdma it usually never works on that same cdma network. But if it has gsm frequencies and can be unlocked it can still be used on a gsm network.
    03-10-10 04:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD