Hey guys,
    This evening I received an e-mail from a family member, and figured it was an interesting article or something. Unknowingly, I clicked on a link to a virus. Apparently my family member's email account has a virus and sent them to all the contacts, but what is going to happen to my phone? Can it be hacked? Can my pictures/ messages/ emails be compromised?

This is what happened when I clicked the link:
    First, it said that I have been invited to something (so I clicked go!) *I know, it was stupid)

Then, the internet page came up as access denied.

Can anyone tell me what I should do? Should I be worried, or is there nothing to be concerned about (since the internet page came up as access denied).

Thanks in advance!!
    P.S.- I can post the exact name of the virus if it helps. The page is still in my browser history.
    01-26-12 11:50 PM
    It would be the first case in history. Just delete the dang thing.
    01-26-12 11:58 PM
    It would be the first case in history. Just delete the dang thing.
    You mean delete the item from my browser history? So nothing happened?
    01-27-12 12:20 AM
    Delete the email, and TG you have a BlackBerry. Don't try that on your PC.
    longtime user likes this.
    01-27-12 12:23 AM
    Delete the whole email. BlackBerrys are not affected by viruses designed for PCs.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    longtime user likes this.
    01-27-12 12:23 AM
    Delete the email, and TG you have a BlackBerry. Don't try that on your PC.
    Ha, I have a Mac but I wouldn't try it on a mac either. I was just worried that there would be photos of me and my family floating around the internet or that my business contacts would be receiving these emails from me. Good to hear that neither can happen on a Blackberry.
    01-27-12 12:41 AM
    Yeah, I got suckered by a scam going around right now, I received an email from what looks like the Better Business Bureau saying they are investigating a customer complaint and it has a link to the case, www.bbb.org(which is the BBB's website), but the link redirects, and downloads a virus. A regular virus scan did not catch it, but Norton caught it when it was trying to do it's dirty work.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-27-12 06:09 AM
    Berryaddictnoza,
    I assume that you're talking about your PC, and not your phone?
    01-27-12 10:00 AM
    Berryaddictnoza,
    I assume that you're talking about your PC, and not your phone?
    Yep, a Windows Vista PC.
    01-27-12 09:51 PM
    Cool thread. I didn't know that PC viruses don't affect our Blackberry's.

01-27-12 10:13 PM
    Cool thread. I didn't know that PC viruses don't affect our Blackberry's.

Viruses are software just like any other software. They are written to work on specific operating systems. Even specific versions of operating systems. Very few are "cross platform".

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    01-27-12 10:19 PM
    Just another solid case of how amazing Blackberries are! I have had things like that and nothing happens Ever! Love My Blackberry Bold 9700
    01-28-12 01:18 AM
    Don't worry blackberry can't be infected there is no virus that can infect the blackberry OS
    As soon as you connect your phone to your pc your antivirus should dectect and delete bieng your ativirus is up to date

01-28-12 02:25 AM
    I've done the same thing, if you delate all is good.
    01-28-12 03:20 AM
    Just another solid case of how amazing Blackberries are! I have had things like that and nothing happens Ever! Love My Blackberry Bold 9700
    Yes BlackBerrys are cool for sure. But to be fair a virus designed for PCs/Macs will not infect any smartphone.
    01-28-12 10:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD