I was selling my BlackBerry so I wiped the data on my handheld. My understand was that it would not erase my memory card. But when I put the memory card into my laptop. I see folders that have no content. Did I do something wrong Thank you for any help!
    08-25-10 12:36 AM
    There is an option to wipe the sd card when doing a security wipe within the BB OS. You may have had that selected.
    08-25-10 12:47 AM
    oh ****... should have taken out the memory card first...
    08-25-10 12:48 AM
    There are some PC apps that can maybe recover the info on the card. Try searching google under "recover deleted memory card" or something similar. Some of the programs are paid, but might be a few freebies out there.
    08-25-10 01:40 AM
    I have used "Recuva" which is free in the past and it has always worked for me.

Recuva - Undelete, Unerase, File and Disk Recovery - Free Download

Good luck
    08-25-10 02:29 AM
    You can use tools as mentioned but CAUTION - do not use the card in any way before trying the recovery tools. If you write to the card now, you will overwrite the "missing" files/data. So set it aside until you have time to fix it.
    08-25-10 09:23 AM
    I have used "Recuva" which is free in the past and it has always worked for me.

Recuva - Undelete, Unerase, File and Disk Recovery - Free Download

Good luck
    Just tried it... it couldn't recover anything
    08-25-10 09:39 AM
    Just tried it... it couldn't recover anything
    Did you try the deep analysis? When I tried that, I got sutff which I had deleted ages ago

Maybe the BB does a kind of Gutman security wipe
    08-25-10 09:56 AM
    tried the deep scan as well. Nothing. =(
    08-25-10 10:04 AM
    Try taking your micro sd chip out and put it in a PC reader.

Also I have had good luck with ZAR Zero assumptiontion recovery tool, the basic recovery tool to recovery deleted files is free. I believe what you might be encountering is that it formated the entire card and what you need is a more robust data recovery tool.

Download critical data recovery software - computer data recovery with ZAR.

Make sure as already mentioned that you don't let anything write to the card, if it's just formatted it's possible to recover it as long as nothing get's written to it.

<<Edit>> ZAR may not be freeware, I used it some time back to recover data off a mini-DVD camcorder disc which that part of it is freeware, the file a disk recover might be limited unless you purchase it.
    Last edited by eBoyDog; 08-25-10 at 01:41 PM.
    08-25-10 01:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD