I'm a pretty new BB user, and new to this site, so I hope I've put this in the right forum.

At work, I've volunteered to create a mobile version of the company's intranet site specifically for BB users (it's the only mobile phone that has access to the company's intranet via BES).

The problem is the intranet is hosted on a UNIX server, so I can't use ASP or PHP code to create a browser recognition script. Using HTML and javascript, is there some kind of script I can write that when a user accesses the main intranet page on their BB, it either redirects them to the mobile site URL or displays a clickable icon (that I created) where they can quickly link to the mobile site?

The page has a certain layout, so I can't just toss this icon anywhere. My boss would like it visible at the top of the page for BB users, but the BB screen is so small, it's nearly impossible to have it appear at the top and not disrupt other content on the screen.

Anyone have any ideas I could try? TIA. Love the site - very helpful!
    03-31-08 02:11 PM
    I can't help but I'd suggest posting this in the Developer's Forum since it might get you a better response.

Good luck!

Welcome to CB & enjoy your BB!
    03-31-08 02:30 PM
    Ah....I didn't see that before and was looking for one. Thanks.
    03-31-08 02:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD