90% of the reason i got this curve 9360 was to play music.

now my speaker has gone out!

this has happened to me twice before:
    1. i accidentally hit the speaker button
    2. selecting "activate handset" in the media options righted it.

now, both of those are ruled out.
    it's on the "loud" sounds setting, and yes, the volume is turned up all the way.

via googling, i see one option is "settings" -> "status", but there is no "status" option in settings!

any ideas?
    please?

p.s. i was doing nothing more than carrying it inside the house when it went silent all of a sudden.
    Last edited by paradive; 03-14-12 at 12:15 AM.
    03-14-12 12:11 AM
    and now the volume buttons on the side aren't working.

well, sometimes.
    03-14-12 12:22 AM
    Is your device still under warranty? If so, exchange it for another one because if the hardware isn't working properly, it's downhill from there.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    03-14-12 12:34 AM
    when my brother got a screen protector on his the touch screen stopped working and his buttons would work randomly.

he turned off the phone and took out the battery (batter pull) and reset it. that didnt work, but he did it again and it worked perfectly fine ever since.

I have no idea why, but it worked.
    03-14-12 12:41 AM
    I agree, battery pull or reboot.
    03-14-12 07:38 AM
    when my brother got a screen protector on his the touch screen stopped working and his buttons would work randomly.

he turned off the phone and took out the battery (batter pull) and reset it. that didnt work, but he did it again and it worked perfectly fine ever since.

I have no idea why, but it worked.
    by "reset it", do you mean something in addition to the battery pull?
    03-14-12 01:38 PM
    no. sorry for that. i just mean he 'let it reset' by putting the battery back in and then it reboots (obviously)
    03-14-12 01:41 PM
    Yes battery pull and leave it out for a slight 15+ second-ish and put it back or do a soft reset Alt - right shift - del key.
    03-14-12 01:42 PM
    well folks, i wasn't all that hopeful, but removing the battery (i usually do it for 30 seconds) worked.
    thanks.
    i just wish i knew what i had done/what happened in the first place.......
    Morty2264 likes this.
    03-14-12 01:59 PM
    well folks, i wasn't all that hopeful, but removing the battery (i usually do it for 30 seconds) worked.
    thanks.
    i just wish i knew what i had done/what happened in the first place.......
    one more for the good guys!

its ok, devices like these have random problems sometimes. the other day i needed to take a picture of a document for work so i opened my iphone4 camera and the screen was black no matter where i turned the camera, i decided to just take a picture anyways and the image actually came up like the screen was working fine. I was so confused, i tried closing the app and everything but it was the same thing. The screen was all black but the actual pictures would show the image. Turned off the iphone and turned it back on... fixed.

dont ask me why, but if it works im happy.
    03-14-12 02:16 PM
    Just lay your phone down on a very hard surface. Swear at it vigorously for 30 seconds and then produce the lump hammer from behind your back. Gently lift the hammer above the device and swear again.

Your phone will now operate correctly without the need to utilise the downward hammer action. WORKS EVERY TIME.
    03-14-12 02:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD