I've been using my playbook to browse the web alot lately and I've been going to alot of different websites. Nothing bad or inappropriate, but just websites about cars and current events etc. Many of them were unfamiliar and non professional looking.
    Does using the playbook make my information any less secure? Because when I woke up this morning, I had over 40 emails saying "delivery to the following addresses failed"...it was 40 of my contacts. But I have over 100 contacts, so does that mean the other 60 got through?! The email contains a link but I'm not sure where it goes, I don't want to risk clicking it. This may be a dumb question but I've never been hacked before and I'm not huge on tech stuff. Here's what my inbox looked like when I woke up
    04-08-12 07:25 AM
    I used to get a few random e-mails from people's hotmail accounts. I had assumed they contracted a virus. They were not even aware that they were sending out e-mails. Heard a few stories about some hotmail accounts sending out spam. You can Google for more info.

This has nothing to do with your PB, it has everything to do with your hotmail account.
    kbz1960 and llllBULLSEYE like this.
    04-08-12 07:29 AM
    Do you remember giving away your email address to any of the websites you just visited?
    04-08-12 07:30 AM
    My hotmail acct has been hacked multiple times. I don't believe it was the playbook I just think it was your email account.

Sent from my BlackBerry Bold 9900 using Tapatalk
    04-08-12 08:00 AM
    Unless you gave away your email address this couldn't have happened?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using the CrackBerry Forums Application
    04-08-12 08:01 AM
    This has nothing to do with your PB, it has everything to do with your hotmail account.
    Yes let's stop blaming everything on the PB
    it's not the devil you know
    04-08-12 08:09 AM
    Thanks everyone. Except for BULLSEYE your comment was useless
    I did sign up for a forums website about fitness...I guess it wasn't as legitimate as it seemed
    04-08-12 08:21 AM
    With a 40% failure rate against your hundred contacts it seems unlikely to be based on your contact list - unless you lose friends very fast. The most likely cause is a spambot has found and used your email address as sender or "Reply-to" in a spam run, possibly you entered your email to a dodgy website.

Do you know all the failure recipients from your contact list, or are any of them unfamiliar - which would suggest the mailing list used to spam didn't come from your device.
    Yoox_II likes this.
    04-08-12 08:24 AM
    That makes sense, there were a few weird ones like candygirl@something.com...a few weird ones like that. Thanks branta!
    04-08-12 08:29 AM
    How safe is the Playbook when it comes to the web browser, downloading and email attachments? Also I see a lot of people posting their pin numbers on the blackberry facebook page. Is that safe?
    Last edited by maddogkiller; 04-08-12 at 08:41 AM.
    04-08-12 08:37 AM
    same thing here except it was my aol account. Change your hotmail password or what ever email service you use. Some how your password has been gotten ahold of. Your probably right the other 60 went through
    04-08-12 08:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD