I utilize two Email accounts, my personal one (Gmail) and a Email forwarding one (Business) which is not an actual Email account, just a forwarding address. I am able to receive it via my Gmail account and I love the way it replies back to the sender via the Email account it sends it to. This is a huge advantage to me in dealing with my business Emails and my personal Emails.

My dilemma is this: My Blackberry Email App does not allow me to reply to the sender via my business Email address (explained above), it would reply to the sender via my Gmail Email address (even though the sender sends it to my business Email account). Also, the push technology is okay, but it can drive me crazy at times. There are definitely pros and cons to each application. Is there any issues with speed of the Gmail App on the Blackberry (Bold)??

What are your thoughts on using one of these applications over the other? Is there one that works better overall?? I live for Gmail (I wish Google would get a calendar application as well....arrgghhh).

Any thoughts or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Roland
    03-22-09 10:52 AM
    From what I've heard, the gmail app pushes, forwards, whatever you call it, emails to your device every ten minutes. I now have a bold (att) and I never use the gmail app. I really don't understand why you just stop forwarding your business email to the gmail account and create a @carrier.blackberry.net account and forward your business email to that.
    And you'll be Rollin, Roland.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-22-09 11:01 AM
    I am inclined to agree. A large portion of the reason BBs kick tail is because you have instantaneous e-mails (sent, recieved, etc.)! I would use the BB e-mail client, and just forward your e-mails to that. It's a simple enough process, and you maintain the benefits of the BB as well. The G-mail app seems pointless, even more so now that I found out it doesn't really push... Pushing actually saves battery life, so I think downgrading your BB to a pull app would be detrimental...
    03-22-09 02:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD