05-18-10 10:31 AM
34 12
tools
    One word!! "SPRINT"!!

The ONLY way to go!! pay the ETF! and go to SPRINT!!
    05-18-10 12:21 AM
  2. T
    That's why then-either way you would have been starting a new line of service-that almost always requires a contract.
    Yea, that's what I finally understood after talking to customer service. I just don't fully get why. Customer service told me it's because the carrier is reserving me a plan ("If we get rid of the plan, YOU still have it.") But it seems they could still take any plan away from me ... by simply waiving the ETF. I just think they're full of it when they make it sound like the ETF is there just so they don't lose money on a phone theyre subsidizing when you sign up. They subject the new subscriber to the ETF anyway, subsidized phone or not.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-18-10 12:55 AM
    I actually have a job. Probably a much better job than you. I'm an editor of a magazine in the city of New York. Heard of it?

My phone got stolen out of my car, maybe you should be a little more respectful to women. I'm obviously no tech geek but I'm trying to figure things out. I don't need your gross comments, calm down.

I honestly lol'd at this comment.
    05-18-10 01:09 AM
    Unfortunately all decisions have consequences. And yes, I know this sucks.

Honestly though if you like AT&T better and you can afford it, you can buy a refurb Bold 9700 for $24.99 online or a refurb Bold 9000. That's what I would recommend.

Good luck.
    You could go out and buy the BB of your choice (9000, 9700, etc, new or used) and get it unlocked, and use that on your account. You could also go with the 8530 on VZW, even though it's only an entry-level device.

Or, you could try talking to a VZW supervisor, though I don't know how far that'll get you. I'd like to think they could have some sympathy for a victim of theft, but in the real world (and especially with the evil, soulless VZW) I doubt this is the case. But IMO (and I may be wrong) you shouldn't be forced to pay BB prices on a dumbphone plan.

In the future, I hope you've learned to always have insurance on your phone.
    05-18-10 02:09 AM
    Whatever "you" decide, your pocketbook will be lighter. I've been on several different networks mentioned and all of them can do better by their perspective customers. But, it's all about profit. So, it really comes down to if you really want to leave your carrier(pay) and go to another carrier(and pay more) or stay and pay. You don't like the Blackberries by Verizon? Really? Interesting. Anyway, pull out your calculator and good luck. BTW, check into insurance as an added option of security.
    05-18-10 03:24 AM
    the OP has got to grow up... carelessness by leaving a phone in a car in NY, what did you expect? thats like leaving the phone out on the sidewalk and expecting it to be there when you get back. Use your brain sometimes, and if your that careless, get insurance since you say you have a better job then all of us lol I bet people working at Mc Donald's get paid better money then some editor for some magazine.......

grow up girl
    05-18-10 07:58 AM
    This thread is LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!!

What I want to know is....who leaves their BlackBerry in their car?!?!

I think the OP was just lookin' for help making a decision, not really a magical solution. LOL this board is BRUTAL.

@OP What's wrong with the BBs that Verizon has? Didn't you say you had a Tour?
    05-18-10 08:31 AM

I am not going to get into pissing contest with you but your job can not be that good if you can't afford to either pay Verizon's ETF or buy a new phone.
    Must agree here.
    05-18-10 08:37 AM
    OP, the new Bold 9650 will not be that much different from the 9700, and will be on Verizon. Why not just use that for the time being instead of all this hassle?

Not even going to get into your whole sense of entitlement thing.
    05-18-10 10:31 AM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD