Okay, so since there was an outage I tried in vain to get my BB back running. I ran a diagnostic test and it said my BB was not registered with BlackBerry. So I deleted the service books, hit Register Now, pulled the battery. Now my email accounts aren't set up on my phone (no icon, and I can't log in to the Email Set Up app to put them back) and I have no BIS to get them back. I tried sending service books through my carrier web page on a computer, but no luck. Telus won't help me. Any suggestions? Will they come back after the outage?
    10-12-11 08:50 AM
    if the outage is still happening then you are going to be SOL for now. Once the outage comes back you will be able to set the accounts back up but you will be setting them up like new i believe. Good luck Laura, this certainly is the worst outage i have ever known to occur since i have owned a BB
    laurah2215 likes this.
    10-12-11 09:35 AM
    I'm just worried because it prompts me to set it up as enterprise mail.
    10-12-11 09:45 AM
    As a long time Blackberry user, who still carries a BB as my only device, my suggestion is: Get an iPhone. J/K!!!!!!!!

This outage is affecting everyone. I'm in the same boat. After the servers come back online, you should get your service books again. If they don't come automatically, you can try to resend them again.
    10-12-11 10:27 AM
    You'll be fine once the outage is over, but right now as others have said you are SOL. You need to connect to RIM's BIS in order to setup your email and get your boxes back, and you just can't do that during an outage.
    10-12-11 10:42 AM
    I've managed to get service books sent and the email icons back by connecting to wifi and redownloading the Email Set Up App. However, I still can't get into the Email Set Up App to connect everything properly. Emails occasionally come in but my BIS is not working consistently. Thanks for the help. Hopefully it will all be smooth later.
    10-12-11 12:14 PM
    My email capabilities are gone... and so are my envelope icons. I can't connect to the server to set up my email either... so, I have to sit and wait for things to get fixed on their end, and then go thru the fun of remembering all my email passwords, etc.

Soooooo............anyone have any updates on how well iMessage works?

10-12-11 01:49 PM
    I've managed to get service books sent and the email icons back by connecting to wifi and redownloading the Email Set Up App. However, I still can't get into the Email Set Up App to connect everything properly. Emails occasionally come in but my BIS is not working consistently. Thanks for the help. Hopefully it will all be smooth later.
    I'm in the same boat. Still can't connect to email setup at 21:22 EST
    10-12-11 08:23 PM
    If you had left it alone, all the emails would have come in on its own once the BIS service came back up. No need to reset or delete and resend anything.

That's how it worked for me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-12-11 08:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD