hi im looking at getting a blackberry i just dont know what one to get. im looking at ether the storm of the new tour that comes out soon but i cant really find much dif between the two. im a touch screen fan so im leaning towards the storm but im wondering if anyone can tell me whats dif about the two phones. basically i dont want to run out and get the storm then find out the tour is way better and im stuck a phone i dont like? any help will be appreciated
    06-30-09 07:25 AM
    I would go into a store a try the curve out i think you would love it. me i could not deal with a touch screen. the ketboard on the curve is great. no to mention it takes good pics. also.
    06-30-09 08:10 AM
    I love my Storm, but you just need to go to the store and play with them. I think you've got 30 days to exchange if your not happy.
    06-30-09 08:29 AM
    Between the storm and tour I'd go with the tour. The tour has a full keyboard, more app memory and I think wifi etc.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-30-09 09:35 AM
    Here's my advice...

Go to Verizon's store, play around with the Storm. Find all it's pros and cons that you can see. Then go to TMO's store and play with the 8900 (same phone as Tour). Then find all its pros. From there, you should be able to determine which phone will be the best for you.

Note: The 8900 has very few cons, that's why I didn't put that in there.

06-30-09 09:42 AM
    No Wi-Fi on the Tour. It's a replacement to the World Edition 8830.

It has the same internals as the Storm, but not a touchscreen. It's essentially the question of, do you want a phone that MAY cause you some headaches (read the forums on the Storm) or an old-style trackball and keyboard?

I was considering getting the Storm, may still (who knows?) but in all honesty, I don't like the fact there's still problems with the clickscreen. Go to the store, try out whatever you like, and return it in 30 days if something doesn't feel right.
    06-30-09 09:50 AM
    go on to Blackberry's actual website, they will let you do a side by side comparison the tour has the largest on board memory of any other device, the resolution is crystal clear. I bought my husband one for his birthday, and now I'm getting one too. It's a really nice phone. Another feature the tour has is bluetooth stereo which is really nice if you are going to use it for media. The down side is no wifi...... but it's a world edition phone so you'll have service close to everywhere. but do visit their website and that will help you out a lot. I don't care for touch screens so this was an easier decision for me. Good luck
    07-14-09 11:46 PM
    are you looking at vzw? they do have the 30 day worry-free guarantee so you could return the storm if you disliked it and get the tour. there is the restocking fee but at least you get the phone you wish.

The tour does have more memory and I would personally choose that over the storm.
    07-14-09 11:50 PM
    Hey all,

I have the new Tour and for some reason I can not set up my email or the BBM. I know about the SEt Up wizard, but it is not giving me the option to set up email for yahoo or hotmail. It is only giving me the one option of Business email. And with the IM, I do not know what email and password to use there. Help me please???
    07-15-09 12:14 AM
    For the email setup, I would called your service providrr and make sure they have you on the proper data plan. If they have you on the right one, ask them for a link to their BIS site. You can setup your email there. I wasn't aware that BBM required a login. It didn't for me. But if you mean regular I'm like aim, msn, etc., then use the email/pass that you use to sign in on a computer.

07-15-09 12:34 AM
    Thanks Lilro- Sprint actually did not have my internet turned on...So I called and two minutes later we were all up and running. Thanks so much for the help!!!

For the email setup, I would called your service providrr and make sure they have you on the proper data plan. If they have you on the right one, ask them for a link to their BIS site. You can setup your email there. I wasn't aware that BBM required a login. It didn't for me. But if you mean regular I'm like aim, msn, etc., then use the email/pass that you use to sign in on a computer.

07-16-09 10:33 PM
    Thanks Lilro- Sprint actually did not have my internet turned on...So I called and two minutes later we were all up and running. Thanks so much for the help!!!
    Same thing happened to me. We changed our plan ( to family data plan) and they only put her phone on it and left mine on the old plan...fixed fast
    07-16-09 10:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD