Me question is: Can you block a specific number from calling you? Can you block a specific number from smsing you? What is the caller on the other side hearing if they are indeed blocked? Does it still ring? Will it continue to go to my voicemail? Do I just need to get a new phone number.

If someone has the time to explain what I need to do in order to enter a specific phone number and not let them contact me anymore, I would be eternally grateful...

Thanks in advance to those who read. I have the Torch.

~c
    Last edited by ChristineAppl; 07-18-11 at 03:34 AM.
    07-18-11 03:26 AM
    I believe the firewall settings in the phone can be used to block all messages from people who are not in your contacts, but I haven't ever tested the feature, as people seem to avoid irritating me for some reason...

As for calls, or any communication from specific numbers, your service provider may have call blocking options, or you may use one of many blacklist applications for the BlackBerry.

Or you could just post the offender's number in public places, online and offline.
    07-18-11 05:05 AM
    I believe the firewall settings in the phone can be used to block all messages from people who are not in your contacts, but I haven't ever tested the feature, as people seem to avoid irritating me for some reason...

As for calls, or any communication from specific numbers, your service provider may have call blocking options, or you may use one of many blacklist applications for the BlackBerry.

Or you could just post the offender's number in public places, online and offline.

Beyond the answer above, if the calls are indeed threatening and not simply a nuisance, I strongly suggest additional action such as contacting the police.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    Branta likes this.
    07-18-11 05:36 AM
    There are several utilities with the ability to block calls from a specific number, or from "calls without a number attached". How they handle it depends on the app and your settings, but generally a choice between silently ignore, drop the call, or pick up and drop immediately. There are plenty to choose if you hit the Crackberry store and search "call block" - a few free and many for a few dollars.

However, Qbnkelt is right, if you are being harassed it may be time to involve law enforcement before it becomes more serious. If that is the case take their advice before deciding how to handle the calls, they might have particular needs to ensure the evidence is collected.

The one thing you should NOT do under any circumstances is publish the harasser's number or other details online. That immeditely generates a flame thread here, and will cause you more problems in the long term if the harasser retaliates for your publicity. Potentially you could get even reported to police by the harasser you fear, for inciting vigilante harassment.
    07-18-11 06:06 AM
  5. T
    I think a few good apps a lot of people are using for blocking calls are available in App World. One is called "Mr. Number," and the other one is "CallBlockerPro." From what I've read, they're quite versatile. You can set them to block numbers with options to hang up, send directly to voicemail, etc. But I don't know, as I don't have them. There are some topics about them right here on cb. Just trying to point you in the right direction.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-18-11 08:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD