Sorry in wrong spot!

first i am very sorry if this is not the place for this i have posted on theme discussion and no one seems to wan to reply.... thanks a bunch

hey all just wanted to see if you could help on a custom theme. i made my theme and put icons on the home screen as a bottom dock and i simulated it and not sure how you can make the icons user friendly??
    hopefully someone can help me with this. i worked so hard on my first theme and not there are only a couple gliches that i need worked out themthe hard step comes getting it out there as an OTA or just on my phone... any help with that would be much appreciated too. thanks a bunch. you guys are awesome.
    ~Chrystal
    Last edited by ChrystalBerry; 10-22-09 at 10:26 PM.
    10-21-09 05:06 PM
    please can someone please help me on this... on the theme builder you are able to check the box that says " use device application order " which is under where you can organize your custom home screen if i was to check that box would it become user friendly. I want to be able to make it with ability to change the icons for home screen please help.... i am almost done and really would love it to me perfect
    10-22-09 10:02 AM
    This should be asked in the Theme Building forum.

If you use device order, it will allow the end user to put the apps they want on the home screen.

(BTW the term you want is user selectable not user friendly)
    10-22-09 11:35 AM
    Please use your current thread. http://forums.crackberry.com/f16/hel...-theme-342914/

Thx
    10-22-09 05:21 PM
    thank you cavingjan for the help.
    Yester18 I know I tried it on that thread first under the theme builder and no one wanted to reply. I thought if I tried here I would get someone that would run across it a bit faster which I am yet to get any replies on that other thread but I did get a response here. sorry for not using the right location. Won't happen again. Usually ppl on here are pretty helpful and willing to help but I have noticed that putting threads in the wrong place tends to make ppl irritated and I just thought I would try this discussion forum since the other one wasn't successful
    Thanks for the help everyone

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-22-09 10:22 PM
    The reason you didn't get a response is probably because it is not the Theme Builder forum.
    This would've been the correct forum.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/forumdi...ysprune=&f=115
    10-23-09 06:42 AM
    oh ok I get it now I didn't know there was that specific forum. Got it now thanks for the heads up for next time I'm gonna need help making it a zip or OTA now. I have no idea where to start for that so I will be on the forum a lot thanks again

10-23-09 09:32 PM
    Chrystal, I know a couple of good theme developers and will ask
    if they can walk you through your issue. No promises but I can
    at the very least ask.
    10-23-09 11:37 PM
    oh ok I get it now I didn't know there was that specific forum. Got it now thanks for the heads up for next time I'm gonna need help making it a zip or OTA now. I have no idea where to start for that so I will be on the forum a lot thanks again

To be able to zip the theme, in the theme builder:
    Go to FILE
    Click EXPORT.
    Click ALX
    Click the folder icon next to PATH
    Save the files somewhere easy to remember, usually the desktop
    Click OK.
    Now go to your desktop and put the ALX and COD files in a folder to zip.
    10-23-09 11:52 PM
    thank you for your help I will try this and see if I can get through it as soon as I get home. Thanks for explaining it

Go to FILE
    Click EXPORT.
    Click ALX
    Click OK.
    10-25-09 04:54 PM
    I can help you make an OTA, but you would have to send me your COD and JAD files.
    10-25-09 08:06 PM
    OTA: Upload all of the cod and the .jad onto the website that you want [all in the same place]

give people the link to the .jad file

example

jad file name: mytheme.jad
    link: ihazard.net/mytheme.jad

Making a zip Folder:
    Select all of the cod and the alx files at the same time
    Right click on any of the selected files
    Go to compress to zip folder
    Rename the zip folder whatever you want

have fun and if you want your themes hosted or need more help with something contact me [email protected]
    10-25-09 08:12 PM
    I used your steps to make my zip folder and I didn't think it would be that easy but thanks a lot. I appreciate all your help. It took me months to get replies that I have been getting the passed couple days thanks again to everything

OTA: Upload all of the cod and the .jad onto the website that you want [all in the same place]

give people the link to the .jad file

example

jad file name: mytheme.jad
    link: ihazard.net/mytheme.jad

Making a zip Folder:
    Select all of the cod and the alx files at the same time
    Right click on any of the selected files
    Go to compress to zip folder
    Rename the zip folder whatever you want

have fun and if you want your themes hosted or need more help with something contact me [email protected]
    10-26-09 02:53 PM
    I did what you said and followed the steps to export the files and it worked for me.. again thank you for all your help I appreciate it .
    Chrystal

Go to FILE
    Click EXPORT.
    Click ALX
    Click OK.
    10-26-09 02:54 PM
    I would like for my themes to be an OTA to make it easier for people to use my themes if they would like. what would you need me to do to make it that way. I would need for you to explain it to me the best you can I am kinda new to this obviously.
    thanks Chrystal

I can help you make an OTA, but you would have to send me your COD and JAD files.
    10-26-09 02:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD