I am good with computers but an learning the BB. I downloaded and app and am getting an error message when trying to open it.

error starting biggest loser symbol deviceinfo.get total flash size not found

Can anyone help me with what this means?

Also, I save pics and other extras on my SD card. Any other way to free up memory? Can I save apps to the SD?

Thanks in advance!
    04-27-10 09:20 PM
    You can't save apps to the SD card, but that is likely not your problem anyway. I would pull your battery out for 30 seconds (or hold down alt-R Shft-Del all at once until the screen goes blank) and reboot your phone. If that doesn't fix the issue, I would also try deleting the application, rebooting the phone again, and then reinstalling it. Make sure that the application is the correct one for your operating system and phone, as that will also cause error messages.

Good luck!
    04-28-10 09:14 AM
    error starting biggest loser symbol deviceinfo.get total flash size not found
    Your BlackBerry can only run applications designed for use on a BlackBerry. That error message could be looking for Adobe Flash, which is not yet supported on BlackBerry.
    04-28-10 09:46 AM
    I don't get it. This was an app special to BB and advertised on Biggest Loser as ONLY for BB users...
    04-28-10 10:02 AM
    Thanks, the Flash reference confused me. It must be a reference to the internal Flash memory which is different from Adobe Flash.

I would suggest deleting the version you have now and repeating the download. If it still does not work, the problem is likley internal to the program, only the original developers can correct that kind of problem.
    04-28-10 10:06 AM
    What app is it?
    04-28-10 10:10 AM
    Make sure and allow all permissions when it asks. Or even click edit or set permissions to verify they are all set to allow.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-28-10 10:19 AM
    How do I do that? Before download?
    04-28-10 11:16 AM
    How do I do that? Before download?
    It should prompt you when you install it. When it does, click view, then back, then save (you shouldn't have to change anything, those are all the defaults when the menus pop up).
    04-28-10 06:23 PM
    I am having these exact same problems with this biggest loser app. I've even tried re-installing it (but didn't delete the first one because I didn't know how--or where to go to do this). I am curious if other than myself & the original poster have had these same problems and if anyone has been lucky enough to get this app to work. Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-28-10 08:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD