My email account for my Blackberry Curve via Verizon has been shut off by Blackberry until I "update my password". I got this notice via email at 4 in the morning EST. I go into my email account to update my password and it does not take. So I use the "send help with email password tab" and I get a reply that the help is being sent to by Blackberry via email which of course is blocked.

Two questions: What to do? Is this common? Why does Blackberry deem it necessary for me to have to change passwords on my email accounts? At this point I am totally screwed as I don't see this as a Verizon issue and Blackberry will not accept an email reply to the notification message.
    09-24-08 06:18 AM
    My email account for my Blackberry Curve via Verizon has been shut off by Blackberry until I "update my password". I got this notice via email at 4 in the morning EST. I go into my email account to update my password and it does not take. So I use the "send help with email password tab" and I get a reply that the help is being sent to by Blackberry via email which of course is blocked.

Two questions: What to do? Is this common? Why does Blackberry deem it necessary for me to have to change passwords on my email accounts? At this point I am totally screwed as I don't see this as a Verizon issue and Blackberry will not accept an email reply to the notification message.

I use a GSM carrier and have never seen this before, I personally would contact VZW and talk the situation out with them. Maybe someone from VZW has had this issue also. Sorry I coulnd't help hang in there.
    09-24-08 06:27 AM
    Thanks for the quick reply. I reset my email account as if starting new and have it working. I am going to try to complain about the situation and am not sure who to complain to. I really can not afford to have Blackberry turn off my emails without prior notice again. I am apt to get business/emergency emails at all hours.
    Sorry about my rant.
    09-24-08 06:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD