Please help! I have no idea what changed on my Blackberry 8330 Curve. Yesterday I got a message (on my BB - not to the email on my PC), that I needed to Action Required: Update Password In the message it says, Update the password for <email address> in the Blackberry Internet Service. Email messages aren't being delivered to your BB device. I've done all the suggestions (i.e. tried to go to the BB Internet Service Account), AND also tried to have my password sent to me (in case I forgot it), and nothing is working. In fact, I'm getting NO mail at all - including the password reset instructions. Please help. I am completely lost.
    10-30-08 10:10 PM
    Are you at least able to send a PIN to PIN message? If you can, are you receiving mail via other integrated email accounts, like Gmail...etc?
    10-30-08 11:36 PM
    I don't have anyone I send PIN to PIN to. I only send through my personal email, OR of course, SMS. All my friends have other phones.
    10-30-08 11:38 PM
    SMS isn't part of your BIS or data network...it runs off the voice network (the same part of your service that you make/recv calls on) I'll IM you here with my PIN, and you can try to msg me if you wanna try it
    10-30-08 11:40 PM
    HUGE PROPS and MANY, MANY, MANY THANKS to KimmieK - who not only solved my problem, but never gave up even after I had lost all hope! KimmieK... you are a complete ROCK STAR! Thanks so much!!! I'll never forget your help. I'm reminded as four days worth of emails are successfully flooding my inbox with the incoming ring tone! You truly are phenomenal - a Forum GOD! Cheers to you - I owe you one!!!
    Last edited by thepaintedpony; 10-31-08 at 11:26 PM.
    10-31-08 11:04 PM
    i can't receive email either but pin to pin is working as well as my blackberry email... my school email however is not working at all... any ideas?
    12-17-08 01:51 AM
    Does your school email support POP3/IMAP?
    12-17-08 01:54 AM
    yes i have my account under outlook on my laptop...
    12-17-08 02:01 AM
    when i set it up it validates and everything goes through fine.. it just doesnt seem to receive mail then i get random password messages changed the password and stopped getting them but still no email?
    12-17-08 02:04 AM
    OK, I'm assuming your school email is working under outlook....

Have you tried manually setting POP3/IMAP options (in bb internet services site, try deleting site and re-adding, typing only username and omitting password. Then click "specify my own options" or whatever it is)

Also, note that BIS will only check for new email every 15 min or so, and if your outlook client is downloading these messages before then, the BB will NEVER get them.

Make sure your outlook is leaving messages on server.
    12-17-08 02:04 AM
    ok i tested it out that way... it worked... hmm i think it was auto setting the server... thanks so much man i appreciate it alot ive been rackin my brain all day thanks again
    12-17-08 02:18 AM
    np enjoy ur bb Remember that IMAP beats POP3 anyday
    12-17-08 02:21 AM
    This just happened to me yesterday. I have a gmail account that gets sent to my blackberry 8330 curve. I also pull my gmail mail using Thunderbird on a Mac. That wouldn't work EITHER. It said the password was no good.

So, I got on the web, and tried to log into my gmail account from there.
    The first time I tried it, it said my password wasn't good, but it put up the page again. This time, when I tried it, it also made me enter the text from one of those distorted images (the ones that are used to keep bots from auto-connecting to websites). I did that, and THEN I got into my gmail account, and THEN, the Thunderbird POP client on my Mac, and the Blackberry, both worked.

So... the problem was that the actual mail account at gmail had decided to not let my userid/password login anymore, until I went there and entered the password and the distored-image string. What's up with that? Does gmail periodically make you revalidate your password in that way?
    12-17-08 01:11 PM
    hi i am having the same problem, what did you do to fix the problem?
    12-21-08 03:40 PM
    ttp://demos.blackberry.com/emailsetup/na/us/gen/

or on your BlackBerry, click on the Manage Internet Email (or E-Mail settings) icon

you will be brought to a website where you can add or manage email accounts.

After a recent email upgrade, it caused my email account to be invalid in my email settings (it actually said invalid next to the email address) so I clicked on the validate link and it confirmed my email account validation and emails started coming into my phone.

Jes
    12-14-09 10:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD