: Ok Here I am loving my curve EXCEPT I cant video record. My ony option with my contract is to go to the new bold or the pearl. Im not upset with the keyboard on the pearl so that wont factor in but I dont know which way to go. The pearl isnt as expensive and I dont know if the bold has that many Better features. IF I COULD get a curve with the video I would change BUT at&t doesnt carry it. Soo Im here asking is the pearl and the curve 8310 almost equal? Is the bold SOOO much better when my only complaint is the lack of video? Soory its long.
    12-29-08 08:11 AM
    If you upgrade your OS to 4.5 you'll have video recording capabilities. Search the forum for your upgrade instructions.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-29-08 08:17 AM
    Welll I hate to sound like a sissy BUT I AM!!!!! Im a total scardey cat about this stuff. In the past my husband would do it for me but hes overseas riht now and I need to fend for myself. The bright side is I do need to upgrade our old yucky phone so I was planning on getting a second phone. Any ideas?
    12-29-08 08:30 AM
    Welcome to CB!

My recommendation for a second phone would be another BB. On your existing one, upgrading to 4.5 may enable video. Here's the link on upgrading your OS:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/new...nguage-114364/

There are several improvements to your device with 4.5, here's the link to Blackberry that talks about the improvements when you upgrade to 4.5:

BlackBerry - BlackBerry Device Software

And I scanned the page, and your device the 8310 gains the video recorder with 4.5.

The upgrade process is fairly straight forward. Just be sure to follow all the instructions in the link above and you should be ok.

12-29-08 09:01 AM

The upgrade process is fairly straight forward. Just be sure to follow all the instructions in the link above and you should be ok.

I upgraded yesterday to 4.5 (same phone/carrier as thread starter) and had no problems at all. I originally wanted the Bold b/c it came with the Video Recorder and could sync with iTunes, but it was so much more expensive. It does both now, so I'm happy!
    12-30-08 02:25 PM
    Good to hear it worked out for you. Upgrade wasnt so bad no was it?
    12-30-08 02:36 PM
    Good to hear it worked out for you. Upgrade wasnt so bad no was it?
    It wasn't bad, although it took about 1 1/2 hours. Well worth it, though.
    12-30-08 02:39 PM
    Go Bold!!!
    12-30-08 03:54 PM
    Well there are some additional features the Bold Has over the Curve.. Wifi and 3G as well as a **** of a lot better screen. I have both, my 8310 curve has been running os 4.5 and with .81, I have been dropping calls left and right. I upgraded to a Bold and I don't think I can go back to the Curve now because the Bold is that much better and worth the higher price!

Charlie
    12-30-08 04:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD