I love my Curve but I'm about ready to throw it across the room!!! There are times where it just goes crazy. I can't control what it is doing with the trackball, menu, or back keys. It will mute and unmute itself during a call repeatedly...very frustrating. Then other times it will behave perfectly...making me think I'm having a Twilight Zone moment. I have pulled the battery...rebooted...turned off Wi-Fi...reloaded the OS (4.2.2.180 BTW) but to no avail.

If anybody has had this problem and has a solution I'd love to hear it!!!
    08-05-08 01:19 PM
    First question - what's your free memory?

Options>status>file free

BBs gone wild (as much as it sounds like a video you'd order from late-night TV) - the most common issue is low memory.
    08-05-08 01:20 PM
    File Free: 14,596,293
    File Total: 52,953,088
    08-05-08 01:25 PM
    Have you tried a battery pull?
    08-05-08 01:29 PM
    I have pulled the battery countless times...no help.
    08-05-08 01:32 PM
    Abe's on the right track here. You're kind of on the low side as far as memory goes. Have you seen this:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/
    08-05-08 01:34 PM
    You're low, but not horribly. Doing even a few of the memory optimizations tricks may help (move photos/videos to media card, delete unused languages & sample video).

If that still doesn't help, is there anything else different lately before the problem? Any new apps you downloaded? Themes, etc? When did this problem start? Do you have several apps running at one time?
    08-05-08 01:38 PM
    This all started when I added the Internet plan from T-Mo about a month ago. Before that...no issues with the BB and certainly nothing like this. The only apps I downloaded were Sudoku and Blackjack from the Blackberry home site...which I subsequently deleted after the problems started. Plus I have reloaded the OS twice since then.
    08-05-08 01:44 PM
    Zoinks. Okay - memory & apps don't appear to be the problem. Have you tried to deal with T-Mo's CS? If your OS re-install didn't clear it, maybe they can delete the data plan from your account and re-add it. Could be a network glitch of some sort.

What do they say?
    08-05-08 01:48 PM
    Haven't tried them yet...I was hoping to avoid the dreaded CS phone call.
    08-05-08 01:54 PM
    I know, especially since when I've called Verizon CS before, after 45 minutes, the tech says, "have you ever heard of a website called 'Crackberry.com'?"

Stick around here - someone with infinitely more knowledge than me (and that means just about everybody) may be along to help you w/o facing the CS beast.
    08-05-08 01:58 PM
    Thanks...I'll keep checking in...
    08-05-08 01:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD