Hey, this is the first time I'm posting a question here but a HUGE thanks to this site for assisting me with all my BlackBerry issues. Here is my problem. I just upgraded to Opera Mini 5, although it said Opera Mini 4 was the version for my phone (which I already had), I wanted version 5 (so I got it done.) After that I deleted some service books (dumb stuff like the TelAviv navigator and the Yellow-Pages), reset my phone and now all my contacts are gone. I went back to Mini 4 but no luck, I've done a battery pull, checked my filters, and anything else that I could try. Still no luck. So, any suggestions? Thanks so much.
    I started a new thread because the other one on the topic was so old.
    11-26-10 11:43 AM
    Umm.... Do you sync your phone with BlackBerry Desktop Manager?
    Because if you do it should have backed up phone, so you should have a copy on your computer which you can revert to.

Hope I could help,
    Redz120
    11-26-10 11:49 AM
    When I got my blackberry I synced it with my work computer, then used my home computer to do more things to the blackberry, then used my laptop for even more stuff (yeah too many computers). I've deleted many contacts out of my BB (there were like 300 contacts at one point and I got it down to 120). I don't want to try that (there are many in the computer I don't want and I haven't connected it to any computer since I added in several new contacts.)
    Thanks so much for the reply though!
    11-26-10 11:57 AM
    If you have upgraded your OS software, there should be a backup file on your computer. You can use Advanced Restore to recover part of your database including Contacts. Search for a file with the IPD extension.

If you have never made a backup, you have joined the legions of computer uses that have learned that lesson, the hard way.
    11-26-10 12:23 PM
    I've got a backup but not a current one (the one available has info I don't want and not all the contacts I do). I'm not too upset about the situation, was thinking bout doing a total wipe to my BB anyway.
    11-26-10 12:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD